Yeppoon 2018

gannet

On 09/02/2018 at 1:08 PM, gannet said:

Easter is just around the corner guys and girls, so get your shit together and I'll see ya there ?

I’ve given up trying.

i mean the beach and the company is good enough to fly from Western Australia or New Zealand for. But apparently it’s not good enough for those from Victoria. 

My flights have been sorted since November Andy, to get the cheap rates on the 3 flights each way!!!

Esperance - Perth, Perth - Brisbane, Brissy - Rockhampton and return. The flight are fairly expensive so a month in Yeppoon makes it easier to swallow.

It's all about kiting "smiles per kilometer" in the end.

5a7d55f79eafe_Yeppoonflights.thumb.jpg.321d3e29fedc831a5af2875497a7bc7e.jpg

Cant wait to get there and catch up once more.:friends:

12 hours ago, igeighty said:

I would really like to get there Andy and one day I will. If @roblukin will sponsor me as a fluffer or whatever then I would be sorted.

but realistically I can’t afford the drive or the flight. But one day I will.

money is my only excuse 

I was just looking into flights, and even if I sent you up alone, its over a grand for just a seat on the plane (not to include baggage, accommodation and the like) Sorry we can't make it happen this year @igeighty but we'll get there another year.

1 hour ago, KaoS said:

Once again, Linda and I will be at Emu Park "Festival Of the Wind" on the weekend of April 7/8th.

Come on over if you want a bit of time on the sport kites :-)

Look forward to catching up again with you both.

We will certainly pop down and throw a bit of colour into the air.

Hope you ordered a little more wind than we have had in the past.:grin:

4 hours ago, Mez said:

I was just looking into flights, and even if I sent you up alone, its over a grand for just a seat on the plane (not to include baggage, accommodation and the like) Sorry we can't make it happen this year @igeighty but we'll get there another year.

Yeh it hurts Mary. Our local carrier REX charges enormous flight prices to Perth, (with only 15kgs total baggage) but I'm not walking. It's 10 hours by bus for the 760kms.

We have a "holiday account" that Anne set up, that automatically debits each pay and this eases the pain when it comes crunch time. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One more sleep for me.

I have 2 flights tomorrow afternoon/night and into Brisbane at 4.55am Friday then onto Rockhampton landing at 10.00am (5,310kms)

I cant sleep while someone else is steering so end up pretty frazzled by the time I arrive.

Really looking forward to seeing Yeppoon without any cyclone damage for the first time in the 7 years I've made Easter. (Your slipping @Goz):grin:

9 hours ago, andy666 said:

Have fun chook. I’m a week behind you, so don’t use up all the wind before I get there ;) 

@andy666 Should we just turn the wind off for the week?

15 hours ago, Chook said:

Really looking forward to seeing Yeppoon without any cyclone damage for the first time in the 7 years I've made Easter. (Your slipping @Goz):grin:

@Chook How about some ex-Tropical Cyclone Iris instead?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-29/queensland-weather-ingham-floods-and-more-rain-on-the-way/9598568

Hey chook it's raining in brisvages so yeah u done it again half the reason  why I cant make it again ! But lookin at startin to plan for next year mate as that will be 10 years back to the first year I went to Yeppoon ! ?

Have fun all ya put plenty of pics up to make it like I'm there !pmsl

Ha ha Joel.

@wolfie reckons an average so 93.9kmh (just upped my PB slightly) and I held over 90kmh for 1,283 meters up past Ridges resort for a 90kmh/ fastest kilometre.

5ac18f1eefb95_fastestkilometer.thumb.jpg.16d6abb917e218f14b0630afc7bf4295.jpg

Wet yesterday all day so just socializing happening. Make that pissed rain all day and last night blowing like 40 bastards.

Sun is out today (Monday) with a 28-30knot SSE blowing, so just having lunch waiting for the tide to go out to get some beach to use. Awesome conditions as the cyclone is threatening. 7 years coming here and looks like it wont let me down this year with another weather event/cyclone??  Will have to see what evolves wind wise.

The beach is absolutely perfect all the way to the point. Creek crossing is a total non event only being 50mm deep at low tide, but surprised me by being 400mtrs wide at low tide.

Gotta run baked beans are finished and it's off to the beach.:dance3:

Had a ball yesterday with Rob Lukin, Bernie and myself in fantastic winds and getting lots of runs up to the point overtaking cars.

Goz and Chuck were overhead filming the action with their quads.

Had an incident by breaking a power line on my Ozone R1 and ripped out some bridals.

All respliced and back up and running as we are getting the tropical cyclone weather today and steady rain.

It took 2 hours to untangle the bridals as when I dumped the chicken loop safety, it was the flag out line that had snapped so it blew 100 meters into the creek and had the walk of shame back to camp.

Just a little note to Joel.:sarcastichand: