buggying in brisbane

Mr. jones

hi all, was wondering if there's any buggy fans in Brisbane (besides me). am new to the sport and as yet find it very difficult, as always on my own. I have a buggy and quite a quiver of 4 line kites, also have a second buggy and a couple of de-power kites on the way. Would love to meet a couple of like minded people to get some buggy experience with, and or help with motivation etc...

• 2 weeks later...

@Mr. jones I am a buggier and live in brisbane (caboolture)

The bad news is, most beaches around brisbane are not great for buggy. They are either small/narrow or very busy with people.

Bribie is you best option, on the southern tip. This is where @Jason, from BrisKites, set the Australian speed record a few years ago. Or the 4wd beach at Bribie, but this gets very busy with traffic.

guys used to also go to the Brighton/Sandgate when the tide was out or the park at Murrarrie. 

if you are southside, the nearest “good” beach is Kingscliff. Or if you are really keen, airforce beach evans head. It’s a 25km long beach with very little 4wd traffic. This is where I grew up and learnt to kite. It is an amazing spot.

If you are northside, you need to travel well past the Sunshine Coast to escape the crowds and 4wd traffic.

honestly, when I moved to Brisbane 7yrs ago I basically gave up the buggy and learnt to kiteboard. I now only buggy at Easter, when I travel up to yeppoon to enjoy some of the best beaches in Australia for kite buggying. 

Hi Andy, thanks for the info. i sort of knew Brisbane was shite for buggying, but hoped to find at least an average spot not too far away. i install a/c for work and have a lot of free time in the cooler months, so free to travel, was really hoping there were at least a couple of people to gain some experience with. I will definitely try Bribie and maybe kingscliff as well. i have had a couple of lessons kite surfing, but have a dodgy knee and ankle so... sitting easier 🙂

P.s. i;d be keen on a yeppoon trip next time its happening.

On 2/23/2022 at 2:06 PM, Mr. jones said:

Hi Andy, thanks for the info. i sort of knew Brisbane was shite for buggying, but hoped to find at least an average spot not too far away. i install a/c for work and have a lot of free time in the cooler months, so free to travel, was really hoping there were at least a couple of people to gain some experience with. I will definitely try Bribie and maybe kingscliff as well. i have had a couple of lessons kite surfing, but have a dodgy knee and ankle so... sitting easier 🙂

P.s. i;d be keen on a yeppoon trip next time its happening.

I'll be visiting Tweed Heads/Kingscliff on the 12/13 of March.  I might be able to say G'day on the Saturday, but I have family event on the Sunday

On 2/23/2022 at 12:12 PM, BobM said:

Speaking of which, I assume that nothing is happening this year?

I have a trip to Yeppoon pencilled in for 2023 🙂

last year I was the only one that showed up and it looks like the same situation this year. Im still going to head up for a week at Easter and stay at basils place. Hopefully there is some more wind this year 🤞💨