The Insta360 Go 2 makes for the best kite cam

Eluder

Hey all,

It's been a looong time since I have posted anything and its been even longer since I have been out flying.

I've recently had the itch to take me gear out and go flying again. But unfortunately due to the poor weather recently it's been difficult to get out.

The other day I brought myself a new action camera the insta 360 go 2. It's a small action camera about the size of your thumb and it only weighs a few grams.

Today I decided to take it out for a test run and mount it onto my kite using the magnetic mount that comes with it, Due to the wind being very light today I could only do some static flying but I was impressed with how the camera performed. The stabilisation and horizon lock works really well and it produced some great footage. I can't wait to test it out on a beach run. If anyone is in the market for a new action camera I would highly recommend getting one of these.

On 11/29/2021 at 10:31 AM, Eluder said:

Hey Bob,

This was taken at amaroo oval, I use to fly there years ago. Unfortunately there has been a lot of development around the oval and it's a lot more busier these days which makes it difficult to fly on.

How have you been?

Not too bad

I am hoping to drive down to Kingston S.E. SA for the Australia Day meetup there, but the SA government is still being tight with its border crossings. I've nearly given up flying in Canberra as the winds are just too fickle.

There sure has been a lot of development and changes at Amaroo since I was there last.

I agree with you there, the wind in Canberra and the lack of suitable space does make it difficult. I am thinking about taking the family to 7mile beach some time soon and do some flying there. As I don't know of any other beachs that are suitable and close to cbr

1 hour ago, Eluder said:

I agree with you there, the wind in Canberra and the lack of suitable space does make it difficult. I am thinking about taking the family to 7mile beach some time soon and do some flying there. As I don't know of any other beachs that are suitable and close to cbr

If the wind is from the NE, try Currarong NSW 2540 which is just south of Nowra and has a NE aspect.

Post the trip in the Events/NSW and see if anyone is still out there and wants to join in, JDHot looks in occasionally