Landboard Newbie

Kite_Donkey

Hi All,

New to land boarding and after some advice on gear.  After lots of reading between the cons and pros of FB Vs Depower, I think I’d like to go down the depower route long term.  Do you have some recommendations on kites I should look at, and also some recommendations on control bars? 

I'm Tassie based, have access to both beach and inland and weigh around 100kgs. I’d like to work upto being able to jump and trick when more experienced.  I will also be putting tine in on a trainer kite as well.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Cheers,

Donkey  

• 5 months later...

Welcome to the sport. It's a fantastic addiction personally! :)

What board have you got? Like Andy said, and perhaps lessons on kite surfing in general if you can, just to know the equipment, kite control, etc assuming you're a beginner. If not, no worries... it's a great sport. I love it more than kitesurfing honestly, as it's so much easier to setup and quicker than preparing for water kiting. But of course, like all sports, there are greater risks with landboarding obviously, but once you get the hang of it, it's so much more fun. Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...