Safety gear I just bought...

Dingo

Don't forget gloves. At the very least, leather palms for abrasion resistance and if you're especially paranoid or on real hard pack, some summer motorbike gloves with sliders on the palms...I hear broken scaphoid bones take ages to heal.

Don't forget gloves. At the very least, leather palms for abrasion resistance and if you're especially paranoid or on real hard pack, some summer motorbike gloves with sliders on the palms...I hear broken scaphoid bones take ages to heal.

Gloves don't save scaphoid bones! but I do wear them. 

Protection required is function of skill level v crazy level. I hardly ever crash land kiting these days. So unless i'm doing something really stupid I don't bother with more protection that gloves and helmet. 

And before someone busts out the "your not pushing hard enough if your not crashing" call I push plenty hard enough land kiting. I think Chook could attest to that based on the silliness he witnessed at last years moose!