Ozone Hyperlink V1 2017

.Joel

Blizzard = Summit V5?. Same cell count and AR looks similar to V4 although its being offered in the same sizes that the Frenzy traditionally was. They mention reduced bar pressure so obviously there's been some tinkering with the bridle/speed system. Seems more like a re-branding exercise of the Summit than a genuinely new kite and they're using the opportunity to dump the Frenzy from the lineup using the usual Ozone marketing blurb. Possibly sales of the Frenzy didn't warrant keeping it in production. I'll be sorry to see it go but then I've always wanted to give the Summit a test drive. Ozone do make bloody good kites.Hopefully @Kitepower Australia will have a couple of demo models of the Blizzard when they do get released.

http://www.hardwaterkiter.com/ozone-blizzard-v1.html

Blizzards are AR 4.  And if interested the Hyperlink AR starts at 4.5 for the 5m up to 5.2 for the 12m.  If you are on FB, check this for visual comparison of the HLV1 with the Frenzy V10 and  Chrono V2.  We will shoot images of the Blizzard when they become available. 

21248377_1947050381990041_2797464932161479012_o.thumb.jpg.fb269a790f0fd4efd122d5409a58a6af.jpg

FrenzyHyperChronostack.jpg

21728966_1961958937165852_2491335075771061829_o.jpg

Edited by Hardwater Kiter
Added images.

22 hours ago, Hardwater Kiter said:

Blizzards are AR 4.  And if interested the Hyperlink AR starts at 4.5 for the 5m up to 5.2 for the 12m.

Thanks for the info Chris. Ozone don't seem to make their kites' technical data available to the general public like Flysurfer and HQ do. Can you share the AR's of the V10 & V4?

Thanks again Chris.

Unfortunately I don't think there's enough demand for snow kites over here for retailers to carry stock on hand of all models so there's not always the opportunity to fly before you buy. and getting a new model takes a bit of a leap of faith. 

Would appreciate it if anybody out there with a Summit V4 wouldn't mind measuring the span of the kite so we could calc the approximate flat AR which should be good enough to make a rough comparison.

On 10/7/2017 at 9:45 AM, Mfwetu said:

Blizzard = Summit V5?. Same cell count and AR looks similar to V4 although its being offered in the same sizes that the Frenzy traditionally was. They mention reduced bar pressure so obviously there's been some tinkering with the bridle/speed system. Seems more like a re-branding exercise of the Summit than a genuinely new kite and they're using the opportunity to dump the Frenzy from the lineup using the usual Ozone marketing blurb. Possibly sales of the Frenzy didn't warrant keeping it in production. I'll be sorry to see it go but then I've always wanted to give the Summit a test drive. Ozone do make bloody good kites.Hopefully @Kitepower Australia will have a couple of demo models of the Blizzard when they do get released.

http://www.hardwaterkiter.com/ozone-blizzard-v1.html

Sorry for the delay mate.

We discussed merging the Frenzy and Summit when a heap of dealers around the globe got together in Switzerland for the OSKM (tough gig, i know) there was a general consensus that the Summit and Frenzy were competing against one another, with the Frenzy sprouting technology from the race kites and paragliders, yet nearly all the really good snowkiters were using summits... So we reached the conclusion that an entry level Access and an advanced (yet to be named) open cell snowkite was all that is needed to cover 90% of the snowkiters out there.

The Blizzard looks great and but the timing of the release sucks for us, because snow season is over. I'll order in a couple, happy to put one into demo if there is interest. What size? 9m or 11m?

It does look good and I'm keen to test fly one. Ozone must have timed the release for the Northern Hemisphere winter which is good for me as our summer sea breezes have started. I'd like to test fly the 9m as this is the size I use most. Any idea when they'll be out?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2017 at 8:22 AM, Mfwetu said:

It does look good and I'm keen to test fly one. Ozone must have timed the release for the Northern Hemisphere winter which is good for me as our summer sea breezes have started. I'd like to test fly the 9m as this is the size I use most. Any idea when they'll be out?

Have one on the way :)

We also have a couple hyperlink ultralights coming too haha couldn't resist.

Ive bought an 11m Blizzard. Stoked with it too.

It was a hard decision for me, because i originally thought i could get 12m hyperlink and use it for both snow and water.

But, after flying all the options i was not willing to compromise and have decided on use dedicated kites.

It would have been cheaper to have one kite to cover both, but yeah. Wanted lower aspect and internal re-ride for snow.

And for foiling i wanted Closed cell, and higher aspect so i could still keep up with R1 race crew.

On 10/21/2017 at 8:22 AM, Mfwetu said:

Would love a go after you, mate.