Born-Kite StreetStar

windstruck

On 7/15/2019 at 8:28 AM, Tedgar said:

I know this is resurrecting an old thread, but I'd be interested if anyone had concluded on a preference for either the StreetStar or the Nasa Star on short lines/bridles? I am looking for a landboard solution with short or no lines to use on the beach or beach-side walkway; winds can be a bit gusty or with lulls. I have read everything I can find here and on powerkite but it's mostly early impressions rather than longer term testing. @ssayre, any thoughts on this as I see you were using a short-line Nasa Star set-up quite regularly - were you tempted to switch to the StreetStar? One attraction of the Nasa Star set-up is its versatility for use with buggy as well...

I haven't kited for a long time, but I preferred the normal nasa stars to the street star I briefly tried out.  I have many hours on the NS2's both buggy and longboard / skateboard.  They are easily flown one handed using the standard 2 line bar.  I used them for buggy on grass and harnessed on the 3 line bar and used them to longboard on asphalt using the normal 2 line bar and not harnessed.  usually 3-5m lines for longboard and long lines in buggy since I was on grass.

On 1/16/2020 at 11:40 AM, ssayre said:

I haven't kited for a long time, but I preferred the normal nasa stars to the street star I briefly tried out.  I have many hours on the NS2's both buggy and longboard / skateboard.  They are easily flown one handed using the standard 2 line bar.  I used them for buggy on grass and harnessed on the 3 line bar and used them to longboard on asphalt using the normal 2 line bar and not harnessed.  usually 3-5m lines for longboard and long lines in buggy since I was on grass.

Sean, memory serves that you are quite skillful on your board while shortlining a 6m Peak.  I was very fond of your video with the beautiful classical music from about five years ago...

On 1/19/2020 at 6:51 PM, windstruck said:

Sean, memory serves that you are quite skillful on your board while shortlining a 6m Peak.  I was very fond of your video with the beautiful classical music from about five years ago...

Thanks Steve, I'll see if I can dig that one out of the archives and repost.  That is still my favorite all around kite.  It's just so versatile.