Buggy Lockdown Virgin !

Artful

Hi all,

Figured now would be as good a time as any to say "Hi" from England....  I'm new to this forum, in fact any kite forum, but have been lurking here in the shadows for a few months very much enjoying your old posts.

My limited kite history then...

I purchased a Flexifoil Stacker 6' as a teenager (prob about 30 years ago) and it's lived in my car boot for years. So it got flown several times a year when the wind blew and I loved it, but I never really had the time or desire to do anything more with kites.... Covid lockdown hit and I decided flying in an empty field was a safe bet so got back into it a little last year.

I purchased a FF 'Big Buzz' for my son (aged 9) and we've had loads of fun whilst he learnt to fly it... I have since added an 8' and 10' FF to my stack which has increased the smiles thanks to eBay. I then picked up a Sting 3.3m so have been playing beginners '4 line' when the conditions are right.

Recently a bargain PL buggy turned up on eBay that had my name all over it so, quite unplanned, I now seem to have some wheels and an entry level four line kite but no where to go in the UK lockdown.

So Question is... what to do now???    Am up for any 'newb' advice on getting those wheels rolling for the first time.

Whatever this evolves into? I hope I stay around and give you lads (who obviously know what you're doing) something to laugh at seeing my 49 year old kite buggy virgin ar*e getting dragged about in a field :classic_laugh: If I can stay in one piece and inspire my son to grow into the hobby I'll be happy. 

Finally, what bought me here? REDSKY's YouTube content - just love it!!   (Stumbled upon the channel a few months back Tom and my son and I are hooked, just awesome. Funny enough I grew up opposite Croydon Airport and those fields were my playground so know the area well, now live in Cheam so only down the road... never know maybe catch up once lockdowns over?? Not that I plan on beating any speed records mate... 10 mph will do me 🤣).

Take care all,

Artful (aka Chris)

PLBuggy.jpg

Sting33.jpg

Welcome to the forum both Chris and Steve. 

Years go by without a single member from my neck of the woods and then suddenly two guys come along at the same time. xD

If you guys find yourselves heading for either Purley or Camber at some stage, then post up, If I'm not working I'll try and meet you there.

Hey Chris, that's a sweet ride man.

We'll have to meet up after lockdown and get you performing some burnouts. Cambersands is best. The clean wind down there will supercharge your progress.

Inland is fine but it will frustrate no end, especially in the early days. You have a big advantage having already flown power kites and imo that's more than half the battle.

You'll be laying down rooster tails in no time. Until then just jump in the bug and go. You'll soon figure it out.

See ya

Tom