Poker Face @ Kingston 2018

Mez

9 hours ago, .Joel said:

Boba Fett a stage name? whaddafarkisa boba fett?

Not a Star Wars fan then @.Joel??

12 minutes ago, Chook said:

Above the 888?

Just out the door. Catch you guys shortly. 2,600kms to burn. Yay!!!!!!!!

Safe travels @Chook - see you tomorrow :) (and no not above the 888)

Have just created a blog for Kingston again this year. Shall have to chat with @.Joel on how to turn it into a group blog where all attendees can add their thoughts and highlights of the days.

8 hours ago, Mez said:

Not a Star Wars fan then @.Joel??

Completely went over the top of me :D 

8 hours ago, Mez said:

Have just created a blog for Kingston again this year. Shall have to chat with @.Joel on how to turn it into a group blog where all attendees can add their thoughts and highlights of the days.

I'll make that happen tonight, great idea :good: 

ok tonight came fast.... :good: 

@Mez it's now a group blog, ty for that.  You should be able to change the cover photo of the overall blog to whatever you like, I just pulled the image from the event page.

Anyone that has flagged themselves as "coming" on the event page I've added to be able to contribute entries.

Lake Nadzab didn’t look too flash as I went past with water all over it due to the light rain yesterday. Much more moisture today so not looking too good short term. Sitting on the beach just now at low tide reading a book (cheers Dougie). It’s getting brighter so fingers crossed. It’s blowing a measured 18 knots at right angles to long beach. Surface is rock hard but a bit undulating at the water line. Upper beach where the cars drive is absolutely perfect with a small amount of loose seaweed this year. This is the best I’ve seen the beach. 

Great day today. We drove south to Beachport to take advantage of a beach that would work with southerlies. Nice locations, a bit bumpy with sand ridges in places and some seaweed to navigate round but we were all able to get some distance round the bay. Very few others on the beach which was a good thing. Plan is to do it again tomorrow! 

Onshore today at the main beach but 5 knots, Chook on 18 m R1 did 200 klm. NON-Stop!! Tiger, Andy, John, Rob and me all cracking along quite a good ride from the drain to the granites. Beach is in Excellent condition.no weed and no bumps.

i said hello to the granites by my usual trip over the top and added another couple of scratches to the bash plate. 

Bren some great buggy days so far with plenty more to come.

claypan looks good with another couple of really hot days ahead and no rain in sight.

if you are sitting on the fence about coming over, just do it :)

On 11/01/2018 at 10:23 PM, Mfwetu said:

Trapped in the spokes! :)

We have a winner !