First ever buggy experience!

An exciting day! At Sutcliffe Reserve in Corio, with my vintage 3m Quadrifoil. Probably needed a bit more wind 😂

There were a couple of faster bursts but they weren’t captured of course...

Needless to say, it was a thrill and I can’t wait for the next session! 

Yeah I was watching it last night, a couple of times in fact. I was thinking you should be dragging a lawn mower behind you. :D 

You did better than my first attempt! I could only travel in one direction and then walk back. I was also curious to find your location on Google maps and realised that I past through the Geelong area when I was travelling around Australia back in 2009.

It's not everyday we get to hear that someone has decided to start buggying, so I hope you keep with it and keep posting up your progress with more videos.

Too kind @RedSky! I owe my ability to turn to @jhn.holgate and his excellent ‘how to’ video! Seems like such a great community here, I’m so happy to be a part of it.

And yes, a lawnmower wouldn’t have hurt! Things are particularly lush here at the moment - better than the opposite for everyone except buggy riders I suspect...

Had another session on the farm where we’re living today, and my first minor OBE 😂 

The grass is really long here, to the point where I *think* it may not be the best spot, especially with a few rocks etc lurking.

Might have to check out some more ovals and the like until it’s time to hit the beach / all this lush greenery dies back! Cheers again all for your encouragement 🎉

Love that scenery! You're doing really well especially when you consider the less than ideal surface. Just one word of advice for future reference, please ensure that you capture all OBE's on video for our entertainment. This is a must.  

Keep them coming. 😃

17 hours ago, RedSky said:

Love that scenery! You're doing really well especially when you consider the less than ideal surface. Just one word of advice for future reference, please ensure that you capture all OBE's on video for our entertainment. This is a must.  

Keep them coming. 😃

Thanks so much @RedSky, that really means a lot to me! Yeah it's a beautiful spot here, lovely and green at the moment but I'm secretly looking forward to when things dry out a bit and the grass cover is reduced for a better buggy surface 😆

And duly noted, I shall endeavor to ensure that all future OBEs are captured for all to enjoy 🤣 

Yep, ditto what Tom said!  Two words for you Angus... Lawn Mower!!  cut yourself a nice wide track - you'll also find all the rocks that might cause you a problem :)  Thick spring grass and large wet sheep poo's (don't even mention cow patties) are the main problem for buggying in the paddock at this time of year.