wheelchair tires

Renato Borowski Filho

Good morning everyone. I want to ride a skateboard to practice with my NASA kite. I'm having trouble finding my own skate and when I think the prices are high and I can't. I found a set of wheels to sell in my country at a price I can afford. I wonder if it would be possible for me to practice with these wheels in the measurements of the photo. The tires are not inflatable and according to the manufacturer they can handle about 120kg, they are for wheelchairs. The place I will use is hard earth, mixed with grass, gravel and loose sand. Currently I have tried to use a longboard skateboard with tractor wheels, but their diameter is 10cm by about 6cm in width and ends up locking a lot on the ground.

D_NQ_NP_2X_679951-MLB43454692827_092020-

4 hours ago, Renato Borowski Filho said:

Good morning everyone. I want to ride a skateboard to practice with my NASA kite. I'm having trouble finding my own skate and when I think the prices are high and I can't. I found a set of wheels to sell in my country at a price I can afford. I wonder if it would be possible for me to practice with these wheels in the measurements of the photo. The tires are not inflatable and according to the manufacturer they can handle about 120kg, they are for wheelchairs. The place I will use is hard earth, mixed with grass, gravel and loose sand. Currently I have tried to use a longboard skateboard with tractor wheels, but their diameter is 10cm by about 6cm in width and ends up locking a lot on the ground.

D_NQ_NP_2X_679951-MLB43454692827_092020-

Hi Renato,

You don't want to use these tyres to kite with. They are filled with foam and therefore have no give in them for different surfaces. You will slide across the grass and dig into the gravel/sand. If you want to consider using granny wheels,  I would save for a landboard with suitable trucks and appropriate sized axles to install pump up tyres onto. You will be much better off and glad you made the effort.

4 hours ago, bakersdozen said:

Hi Renato,

You don't want to use these tyres to kite with. They are filled with foam and therefore have no give in them for different surfaces. You will slide across the grass and dig into the gravel/sand. If you want to consider using granny wheels,  I would save for a landboard with suitable trucks and appropriate sized axles to install pump up tyres onto. You will be much better off and glad you made the effort.

I'm lost on measures. I see a lot of tires for carveboard but i don't know if they would work for landboarding. I don't know which one I could use to start with anymore.

21 hours ago, Renato Borowski Filho said:

Good morning everyone. I gave up on the wheelchair tires and ended up finding the 2.50-4 tire in my city for an excellent price, the rim I can print on my 3D printer using ABS plastic and the truck I also found for a price I can afford. Would that be a good set?

D_NQ_NP_2X_931586-MLB31664033736_082019-F.webp

Truck Eixo Skate Montainboard Completo Par + Brinde Drop

Please see if you can post those pictures in a format we can see - we can help you better that way. Sounds like a good plan. Just ensure that your bearings will be able to fit both your rims and your trucks both ways. Sounds like good progress !!

7 hours ago, bakersdozen said:

Por favor, veja se você pode postar essas fotos em um formato que possamos ver - podemos ajudá-lo melhor dessa forma. Parece um bom plano. Apenas certifique-se de que seus rolamentos serão capazes de se encaixar nos aros e nos caminhões dos dois lados. Parece um bom progresso !!

Good morning everyone, yesterday prints the first set of rings on the 3D printer, the total weight of the 2 pieces was 120g, printed on ABS plastic with 100% density, it was very resistant and I believe it has a lot of resistance. This week I will see the tire and test if it will fit perfectly on this rim, I think so because the creator of the file has pictures with it mounted on 2.50-4 tires.
Regarding values, the tires with inner tube will cost me approximately U $ 36.00, the 4 rims approximately U $ 11.00 and the truck U $ 32.00. The wooden Shape in the range of U $ 22.00

1b32b2d0-b3af-4ff1-a7d3-1ce42e13fa30.jpg

20201018_143530.jpg

20201018_143539.jpg

20201018_143551.jpg

7 hours ago, Renato Borowski Filho said:

Good morning everyone, yesterday prints the first set of rings on the 3D printer, the total weight of the 2 pieces was 120g, printed on ABS plastic with 100% density, it was very resistant and I believe it has a lot of resistance. This week I will see the tire and test if it will fit perfectly on this rim, I think so because the creator of the file has pictures with it mounted on 2.50-4 tires.
Regarding values, the tires with inner tube will cost me approximately U $ 36.00, the 4 rims approximately U $ 11.00 and the truck U $ 32.00. The wooden Shape in the range of U $ 22.00

1b32b2d0-b3af-4ff1-a7d3-1ce42e13fa30.jpg

20201018_143530.jpg

20201018_143539.jpg

20201018_143551.jpg

Nice one. I can see this, making our own board parts, becoming more common as access to home digital manufacturing is adopted more.

BTW- ABS is notorious for warping unless in an enclosed printer set up and can also have split layers for the same reason. If you have any troubles, I can highly recommend PETG. Easy to print, good impact resistance, cheaper and plenty strong for this application. 

Well done dude.

13 hours ago, bakersdozen said:

Trabalho maravilhoso aí cara! Olha o que@Paricomeçou.

I had a lot of help from @Pari in this piece, he showed me the way. I can only thank you.

9 hours ago, Pari said:

Agradável. Eu posso ver isso, fazer nossas próprias peças de placa, se tornando mais comum conforme o acesso à fabricação digital doméstica é mais adotado.

BTW-ABS é notório por empenar, a menos que em uma configuração de impressora fechada e também pode ter camadas divididas pelo mesmo motivo. Se você tiver qualquer problema, recomendo o PETG. Fácil de imprimir, boa resistência ao impacto, mais barata e bastante robusta para esta aplicação. 

Muito bem, cara.

I really know @Pari that ABS has this problem, but at the moment it's what I had at home. I live in a very hot and dry city, I followed the printing and did everything to keep it fixed on the table, from the beginning, I was afraid of warps but it was amazing, I didn't notice any failure of loose layers or warping, the fit was perfect. I want to see when the resistance issue is set up, but as I'm starting kiteskating, I think I won't have any major problems, despite my 103kg. Another detail is the question of value, if we are talking about low cost parts, ABS is leaving me in the range of U $ 12.00 a kilogram and I will be using around 800g in total.

2 hours ago, Renato Borowski Filho said:

Guys, I would like to know between the tires in photo 1 and photo 2, which would be the most suitable for riding on very uneven terrain with beaten sand, loose sand, pebbles, holes and undergrowth?

pneus.jpg

I don't know either of these tires. I think the one with the tread is the same dimensions as mine, but just more rugged. What I do know is that the smooth tires, with less tread, are better for the hard to medium sand as they do not break up the sand. But for the other terrains you listed- well I suppose the tire with the tread might be best, just a guess. I don't think you'll get the perfect tire for all the terrains listed, just a compromise.

I'd also be mindful of weight. These tires look very heavy. The ones that I have and others like @Plummet and @bakersdozen , are the lighter of this size

12 minutes ago, Pari said:

I don't know either of these tires. I think the one with the tread is the same dimensions as mine, but just more rugged. What I do know is that the smooth tires, with less tread, are better for the hard to medium sand as they do not break up the sand. But for the other terrains you listed- well I suppose the tire with the tread might be best, just a guess. I don't think you'll get the perfect tire for all the terrains listed, just a compromise.

I'd also be mindful of weight. These tires look very heavy. The ones that I have and others like @Plummet and @bakersdozen , are the lighter of this size

Tire 1 is 5.5cm wide and tire 2 is 7.5cm wide. Regarding weight, certainly the 1 is heavier but I have no idea of their weight, what I know is that they support up to 120kg and 30lb.

Good evening everyone. Today I managed to get my skateboard tires and the truck I bought arrived. My mounting on my rim printed on the 3D printer worked but I am even better, I thought it was smaller despite working, so I ended up adjusting the internal measurement and correcting the bearing bore, which is 6001. The weight of the complete tire was 800g of each 680g truck. Unfortunately the truck salesman sent only 1 piece by mistake and is already referring me to another. In total, the cost to date has been approximately converting into $ 63.00 dollar. The shape will be cut in flat wood right now until I can buy my own. Follow the photos.

20201022_220107.jpg

20201022_220114.jpg

20201022_220120.jpg

20201022_220124.jpg