new kit

welshafro

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mystic Coast Jacket --

Can anyone tell me why this jacket advertised as this - Complete with blind stitched pockets and the all important opening on the frontside for outside access to the harness spreader bar make this jacket the ultimate acessory for wearing before, between and after sessions. jacket,

No longer has the opening for the harness, even looked at Blast on you tube, it has the speel , and if i`m not mistaken , no hole.

Yeh the Coast is really what they call a "rigging" jacket i.e for the beach before and after a session. There are other jackets more suited to actual riding, the Voltage and Storm for example, because they are lighter/thinner more fitted and ultimately a bit safer than wearing the thicker neoprene Coast jacket kiting.

We (blast instructors) all use the Coast every lesson as they make a huge difference and it's still easy enough to use kiting just pull the front up a little to hook into the chicken loop. But if it's mainly for riding then check the others I mentioned above.

Mystic Coast Kitesurfing Rigging Jacket - Blast Kiteboarding

Yup like I said....light wind is where it's at, it's width will help with strapless riding also.

But then you'll most likely want a more wave orientated board if you actually want to ride waves rather than just ride a directional in lighter winds.

Personally I'd go for a more "all round" board.

i.e Strapped/Strapless/Flat water/Waves etc

Yep lads said they have a lot of fun with a 7mtr and small to medium waves here at rhossi. Have a surf board ready as star are arming me with this. Apparently it's going back to having fun learning , so fingers crossed. They seem to have sold a few . and they seem like really good lads, good service aswell.

Just got in from rhossi and yes I am hooked as is James from local kite school, who is in the same boat as me. Great stepping stone this and you can still jump and mess about. A stepping stone that others who already surf probably wont appreciate. I can honestly give this north nugget a thumbs up. straps are coming off next session for sure. I think any rider with basic skills could get on this board and play.big grin today. 2 skittish runs and your away. Definitely not a high wind board though. Plenty of fun for summer though.

I have been looking for a while now at second hand kite surfboards, sometime in the future I would love to bite the bullet and start. Looking for a board that would allow me to learn and then take me on beyond without having to change it. I would prefer second hand and I have no real surfing experience to speak of. Any advice, recommendation will be well received.

I can highly recommend the ATV from CrazyFly, suitable as a first directional board, huge wind range i.e good in both light and strong wind, good in all kinds of conditions be it small onshore surf or larger cross shore down the line.

Hence the name ATV (all terrain vehicle)

Easy enough to learn on and good enough not to outgrow it.

We have sold quite a few of these to first timers and all have loved them, can also be used thruster or quad, strapped or strapless. Oh and they are tough too, really important in a (kite) surfboard.

We have sold a few secondhand ones as people have upgraded to the latest models but none in stock at the moment sorry.

More info here:

CrazyFly ATV Surfboard 2016 - Blast Kiteboarding

11855769_10153399602131294_179397138079876874_n.jpg?oh=33391042ce032e94b3a30ff880c1a5ff&oe=57B92C1B