places to fly near Reading

skfflyer

Hey,

There isn't really anywhere in Reading itself. I've occasionally seen people fly at Sol Joel park, just off Wokingham road, but there really isn't space for a buggy there. The best bet is probably still Pinkney's Green, just north or Maidenhead, which is a 20 min drive up the A4 from Reading.

Cheers,

Luke

• 1 year later...

I'm going to resurrect this thread if you don't mind! I've just started flying kites and try to head over to Pinkney's Green each Wednesday lunchtimes as I work in Maidenhead. If anyone's around that sort of time it would be good to get some tips!

Grass is a little long, but am just starting out static flying on a 2.5 Beamer. Anyone know if the grass ever gets cut as I'm keen to try a buggy at some point.

I'm going to resurrect this thread if you don't mind! I've just started flying kites and try to head over to Pinkney's Green each Wednesday lunchtimes as I work in Maidenhead. If anyone's around that sort of time it would be good to get some tips!

Grass is a little long, but am just starting out static flying on a 2.5 Beamer. Anyone know if the grass ever gets cut as I'm keen to try a buggy at some point.

I live in Twickenham and I would be happy to fly with you some weekend. I've got a buggy as well and can show you what I know about Buggying.

I used to fly a lot at Gunnersbury, which is generally cut short enough. These days I mostly go to Camber when it's blowing east or South. PM me if you want to go out.