andy666

IMG_6902.JPG

The surgery is complete and a new 1830 F-arc is created.

its over 12m wing tip to wing tip. Flat area of 18.33m. And has an aspect ratio of 8 :eek: 

It hasn't been test flown yet, so I'm trying not to get too excited as it may all end up in a crumpled heap.

cheers to @outlaw for sharing the link to the instructions. I wouldn't have know it was possible.

http://www.extremekites.com.au/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=18462

3 hours ago, socommk233 said:

Nice work. I really wanna see this work out for you. Gonna be epic

Cheers, I just need to get a leaf blower now to inflate it :D If the wind is light enough to test fly it, it will be too light to inflate. 

7 hours ago, .Joel said:

Any reason you didn't do the wingtip chop?

Tip chop is still to be done as well as cutting the mesh out of the intake vents.

Good one Andy. I have not found inflation to be a problem, even in light winds with my FARC. At most I need to inflate one half, close up the zip, turn the kite 180 about vertical axis, open up the zip again to complete the inflation. I did found out however the kite was not very suitable for kite surfing as it did not turn quick enough, for straight beech runs on the land is great though. I would be heading out to a wave, decide I needed to turn, kite said no and I would get slammed by the wave.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Olof Palmolja said:

Very impressive! It didn't have enough AR ?

Haha, true. I wish I had a few more 12m's so I could butcher them into a 14m. That would be a more usable size.

15 hours ago, Olof Palmolja said:

For what reason one wanna cut away the mesh on the intakes, inflation?

Yeah, the idea was to help inflation.

i have done it to the centre intake on a 16m. Unlike the flysurfers, the actual valve isn't secured inside the kite in any way, so once it gets pressure it pushes out the leading edge. So I had to stitch it to the top skin. It works well, but I don't think the benefit is worth the effort.

its handy on the 16m though, which had an adjustable front leech line fitted ;) 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...