Sandy Point Summer Sessions 2016

.Joel

Summer is just around the corner, I've gone through and highlighted the best weekends available for us to land kite down at Sandy Point.  Again this season we can either do day trips down there, or quick over-nighters staying in one of the local caravan parks.
Subscribe/Follow this topic to keep up to date etc.

sp-summer2016.png

Local Caravan Parks
Sandy Point Holiday Park ( 0km Distance )
Waratah Bay Caravan Park ( 12km Distance )
Shallow Inlet Caravan Park ( 22km Distance )

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Darren Tibbey said:

Whats it going to like on a westerly wind this sat at sandy point?

25k westerly by the looks.

Are you sure you're not looking at Friday's forecast?  30 knots on Friday and 10 knots on Saturday.  WSW is doable at Sandy - good downwinder to the point and upwind on the way back.  SW is best direction.  But it's too early for an accurate wind forecast yet.  I'll be having a good look at the forecast on Thursday before I lock anything in - things can change pretty rapidly.  If I can't get two good days at Sandy, I'd settle for one good day at 13th Beach.  The following weekend has a really low tide at sunset on Saturday followed by a morning session on Sunday - that might work well if this weekend isn't much chop.

4 hours ago, Darren Tibbey said:

What time is kick off Sat if it happens.

Low tide is at 2pm so you may be able to start getting enough beach for a run from 11.30am.  I doubt I'll be able to get down before 12 -12.30pm.  Awfully light winds forecast at this stage....think I'd like to see another couple of knots before I commit to 4 hours travelling each way.