Making a belly pan

xtreme playboy

Ok I gave up on dark sky getting back to me and even when I posted for help on here getting my hands on a clear belly pan craig sparkes piped up and said he had a few well he dropped off the face of the earth as well !

My mate at sbkites has quit the kiting industry and only doing it for his own pleasure as he made my kite bike pan .

So I think the only way forward is to make my own ,so has anyone got any experience in making one ?

Where can I get suitable plastic ,and what do you use to cut the plastic?

Cheers

I've a bellypan templete somewhere,I'll see if I can find it.

Sean

PS.

Your avatar has a Paraglider, do you Paraglide ?

I do when I get the time.

Hi Sean

Yeah I flew paragliders for 12 yrs but gave up about 4 yrs ago ,in the end it became a very frustrating hobbie mainly due to weather I have plenty of spare time and a small apt in the Alps but even that was nt enough to get a flying fix . I MTb and kayak and basically you can do these sports whatever so I bought a kite after selling my paragliding kit ,and that was when my troubles started :-) kiting bloody addictive and a lot more fun generally , don't get me wrong I've had some wonderful paragliding experiences , thermalling to cloud base is magical as iam sure you know. I still have my pilot rating and offers to fly some mates gliders so maybe I will leap into the blue yonder .

Where do you fly?

Hi Sean

Yeah I flew paragliders for 12 yrs but gave up about 4 yrs ago ,in the end it became a very frustrating hobbie mainly due to weather I have plenty of spare time and a small apt in the Alps but even that was nt enough to get a flying fix . I MTb and kayak and basically you can do these sports whatever so I bought a kite after selling my paragliding kit ,and that was when my troubles started :-) kiting bloody addictive and a lot more fun generally , don't get me wrong I've had some wonderful paragliding experiences , thermalling to cloud base is magical as iam sure you know. I still have my pilot rating and offers to fly some mates gliders so maybe I will leap into the blue yonder .

Where do you fly?

I fly a Swing ARCUS PG, flown The Vee(Co Tipp) afew times as well as a couple of moutains down in Kerry over here in Ireland.

Only started PGing about 4 years ago and as you know it's the bad weather that keeps use grounded.

I got given a 'UP' 'Makalu' wing (for my 45th Bday,two weeks ago) from one of the guys in our club(Riff-Raff Aviator Club)

to start PPG :-) and another member has given me the use of his H&E motor, so this should get me more air time.

Sean