MG Land Yachts

.Joel

Sexy Y frames.

Brilliant stainless craftsmanship there!!!!!! 

I tried a rear wheel steer buggy (as part of my stern steer yacht evolution) and found that the seating position needed to be way more forward to balance it when powered up. Steering with the front wheels would help that problem a lot, without the pendulum effect with every steering input. I gave up doing circles and concentrated on the yacht I called "Rooster tail".   

Interesting....the Reverse and the Vertical have been around for a few years now....I thought MG was not making this stuff anymore.  Here's a quote from their website....

After many years of MG kites it is time for a new direction.
MG kites started as a hobby and has grown into a company.
We are known for several products which are all MG designs;

Cooper, CrooZer, Sniper, Aero, Mumba, Supra, Aerobic, Reverse, Baston, Simplex, Mudguard, Vertical and other small products.

MG kites stops producing these products.
We do not build commercial products anymore.
For the future we want to engage us with the development of technical stuff and building prototypes.
Not for commercial use but just for own use.
We continue to look for new concepts.

We want to thank everybody who ever supported MG kites. Without you people we could not exist.
Keep in touch with the website and facebook. Next week we will post our deals for the last stock products.

Greetings Maarten de Graauw

Perhaps they are just selling off their old stock?  Or is Maarten making stuff on his own now?

17 hours ago, andy666 said:

I think you'll find it's still a front steer buggy, but with 2 front wheels and one rear. 

2000 posts. 

Yeh spot on Andy the tie-rods are easily seen in the photo..............mine was stern steer.:good:

Now maybe if the seat tilted as well..............all wheels laid over like on the front of a road grader for better traction .........nah just dreaming out loud.:blush:

2 hours ago, igeighty said:

i like the wheels on the rear steer :)

You also like to lick rubber, so your taste in wheels can be forgiven :upyours: 

12 hours ago, jhn.holgate said:

I thought MG was not making this stuff anymore.  

I *think* this is the "new direction" he's taking with MG.

9 hours ago, Chook said:

Yeh spot on Andy the tie-rods are easily seen in the photo..............mine was stern steer.:good:

Now maybe if the seat tilted as well..............all wheels laid over like on the front of a road grader for better traction .........nah just dreaming out loud.:blush:

Hang about!!!!!  I just had a thought. :eek:

@gannet's  kite bike has all those design features already and weighs bugger all.

I've missed the boat ages ago. :laugh3:

2 hours ago, gannet said:

Hehe. Oh, the buggy I'm making for your NZ trip Chook, do you wont it with two wheels now !

No way @gannet, I'm not a mad bugger like you.:laugh3:

I definitely need 3 please and then will progress to 4 on my walking frame as I age.

2 hours ago, .Joel said:

Sheezus @Chook, you got one stashed in the Cayman Islands yet?

Funny you should mention that @.Joel....................................would be bloody awesome. :beach: 

Slowly working my way towards the US....................... before I'm too old to remember why I want to go there..:good:

Why should you care anyway :cray:as you've already piked out of the Moose meet.:derisive:

11 hours ago, jhn.holgate said:

With the sail fully pulled (or Sheeted) in, he's got a fair amount of spare rope.....which probably should be in his lap.

Absolutely right John. With spoked wheels it would be a bit of a surprise it the tail of the rope got tangled in the spokes at speed. Probably not much chance with these bigfoots.

It only takes a few minutes dragging the sheet to destroy it's outer sheaf and then it's harder to roll through the pulley blocks. So a good idea to let them know it's dragging.

You need enough sheet rope to be able to let your sail out to right angles to the mast for those "crab fart" days. On my mini yacht that means 9.5 mtrs of 10mm rope.

If your dragging a rope while racing it's an unwritten rule that you shout a carton of beer.

As you sheet in you throw it down between your legs. Without a full length seat on the MG it's gone overboard.

• 1 month later...

I really like the wheels :) ... a lot

Comparing a blokart to this is like the build difference between a '96 hyundai and an SS Commodore. You will go fast in both but the former will shake out your fillings.

MG are making a bit of a comeback, any ideas on the cost of one of these ?

This looks like the one in the CAD drawing in the top post. it would be nice to see a few more angles of this.

looks great