Jump to content

The ten best kites of all time??


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Peak hater ^^^ ?? A truly depowerable single skin power kite that packs incredibly small and light. For that I do think it was the first commercially available. Unless you count lei which I don't

So what kites do you think are the 10 best kites??   Not just today's kites, but the ones that have got us here as well.   Here's some I think should be in the list, or considered

I can only talk about my favourite kites. 2005 10m frenzy. lift! tones of lift! Its the reason I continued to kite rather than going back to mountain bikes.  AIR TIME. ozone manta. you took

Posted Images

Quote

Culmination of paragliding tech too. 

I believe the Peter Lynn aero is a copy of this fone diablo.  Made in the same factory too apparently ;)

Oh Russ you do like to talk utter rubbish, both statements are 110% wrong. Just when I thought you were getting better at this online thing.. haha.

As one of the Peter Lynn riders who tune the race kites and personal friend of Michel I can confirm none of the above is true.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JamesK31 said:

Oh Russ you do like to talk utter rubbish, both statements are 110% wrong. Just when I thought you were getting better at this online thing.. haha.

As one of the Peter Lynn riders who tune the race kites and personal friend of Michel I can confirm none of the above is true.

Never one to disappoint James ;)

So is the fone not designed by kite and paragliding experts? 

As for the "copy" remark, I was having a laugh. However stand by the following a "trend", as would anyone else trying to be competitive follow what clearly works. 

And being made in the same factory, you said that yourself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, socommk233 said:

Never one to disappoint James ;)

So is the fone not designed by kite and paragliding experts? 

As for the "copy" remark, I was having a laugh. However stand by the following a "trend", as would anyone else trying to be competitive follow what clearly works. 

And being made in the same factory, you said that yourself. 

I only comment on the "Copy of the F-One and Made in the same factory", everyone knows paragliding tech support some of the innovations in race kites but so far the Aero is a fresh kite...

I never said the Diablo and Aero are made in the same factory, you must have your wires crossed or eaves dropped and got it all wrong, 2 kites may have been made in the same factory but certainly not those two, that's why you should never repeat what you "think" you heard when you don't actually know the truth.

The F-One is a completely different canopy to the Aero, you only have to see them in the air to realise this, it's not hard. Plus if they were the same or a copy they would have similar traits and well you yourself have seen that the 11m Diablo you were on at the weekend is no match for the 12m Aero, in fact nothing on the beach is even close to the pace the Aero has. Yes I know it's a proto and not released but it's still the fastest de-power race foil in the UK kite buggy scene.

We are the last to release a race de-power but the market is partly to blame for this, we had a super fast kite and then the leading manufacturers released the new updated versions, we do not want to release a kite that is replaced by a faster model in 6 months, we want it to have at least a year of life in it so we held back to make sure what we have is still faster and well... it is.

The Aero will be out this year.. I just don't know when.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no doubt the aero is by far the fastest depower on the kite buggy scene. But also only flown by the fastest pilots in the country. Kite for kite you and Ryan could still beat anyone.

The comment about the same factory was not eves dropping it was what you said to my face as you called me a hypocrite for going from cheap n cheerfull to race after saying I didn't need or want to. (Very valid point but I enjoyed the racing too much to want to stay at the back of the pack). 

Or maybe what you said wasn't as clear as you thought it was and wires did indeed get crossed. 

As you have said, the canopies are different. And the bridle tweeks still ongoing. It's obviously not a copy. A copy would have been finished by now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, socommk233 said:

There is no doubt the aero is by far the fastest depower on the kite buggy scene. But also only flown by the fastest pilots in the country. Kite for kite you and Ryan could still beat anyone.

The comment about the same factory was not eves dropping it was what you said to my face as you called me a hypocrite for going from cheap n cheerfull to race after saying I didn't need or want to. (Very valid point but I enjoyed the racing too much to want to stay at the back of the pack). 

Or maybe what you said wasn't as clear as you thought it was and wires did indeed get crossed. 

As you have said, the canopies are different. And the bridle tweeks still ongoing. It's obviously not a copy. A copy would have been finished by now. 



I was talking to Barry when that was discussed not you and again never was the diablo mentioned, it wasn't meant to be clear for obvious reasons haha!

I love the fact you have had to eat a huge slice of humble pie after all the online digs about the price of modern kites, about the fact you would never buy a race buggy you would only mod your own radsail and never need a full size buggy, doing the opposite and arguing it even when you're seriously wrong and all the other crap about not ever going to pay for a current tech race kite blah blah blah, it's been amazing watching you swallow a lot of pride and pie but still come out the other side with all the current gear and still be smiling, you gained some respect from me in that area as I told you many times I have already been and done what your was attempting... Well now you own one of the most expensive de-power foils on the market and looked to be enjoying it and whole heartedly hope you can now appreciate what you are paying for. I also know you are fiercely loyal to whatever you may be flying at that point (you do tend to switch a lot) but do try and be factual and not repeat what you "think" was said, a lot of these kiters have been around for more years involved in kites than me and you combined so will come under fire with mad statements.


For the final time;
The Aero is a fresh depower kite it is not a copy of anything, it obviously has influence from current Peter Lynn kites and is most certainly not made in the same factory as the Diablo, those are facts.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JamesK31 said:



I was talking to Barry when that was discussed not you and again never was the diablo mentioned, it wasn't meant to be clear for obvious reasons haha!

I love the fact you have had to eat a huge slice of humble pie after all the online digs about the price of modern kites, about the fact you would never buy a race buggy you would only mod your own radsail and never need a full size buggy, doing the opposite and arguing it even when you're seriously wrong and all the other crap about not ever going to pay for a current tech race kite blah blah blah, it's been amazing watching you swallow a lot of pride and pie but still come out the other side with all the current gear and still be smiling, you gained some respect from me in that area as I told you many times I have already been and done what your was attempting... Well now you own one of the most expensive de-power foils on the market and looked to be enjoying it and whole heartedly hope you can now appreciate what you are paying for. I also know you are fiercely loyal to whatever you may be flying at that point (you do tend to switch a lot) but do try and be factual and not repeat what you "think" was said, a lot of these kiters are from the UK and have been around for more years involved in kites than me and you combined so will come under fire with mad statements.


For the final time;
The Aero is a fresh depower kite it is not a copy of anything, it obviously has influence from current Peter Lynn kites and is most certainly not made in the same factory as the Diablo, those are facts.

 

Taken on board.  Wires well and truly crossed. My apologies.  

My hands are well and truly in the air for going back on everything I initially said. I now even have a van. 

Having not had the chance to fly the aero and it taking a while (for good reason) to be released lead me to the diablo.  It's now time to save for the next size. Who knows the aero may be available by then and I may get one to fill the gap. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 years later...

I recently joined this fantastic forum and so I am catching up.

IMHO, every kite is unique and exceptional in it's own way. I have flown sleds, inflatables, Peter Powels, Flexifoils, ARCs, Beans, single skins, bridled foils hang gliders.... It is a true passion that has never left me and a regular springtime illness.

  • Pleasure Kite Category:
    • For outright simplicity, my all time favorite is the Scott sled. It is impossible to make one that will not fly. I would do free clinics for kids for years. Thank you Frank Scott.
    • Flexifoil stackers are the fastest commercial kites ever, great for pelican and seagull chasing (I know, we should never do that but...). Thank you Merry & Jones.
    • But for outright speed, 2-line wire-cut foam wings based on the flexifoil are absolutely insane, but you must keep clocking them in the window because they overshoot, flying way upwind and blow back at you, coming down in a tangled mess. But with practice, like a yoyo, you can fly them all the way around the clock in the right conditions if you walk backwards a bit!
    • High aspect stunt kites, I can play with all day, never a dull moment. I gave up hang gliding beacuse that was not going to end well... Thank you Francis Rogallo.
  • Power Kite Category:
    • For outright speed, the F-ARC never ceases to scare me to death on skis and blades, but the bowties drive me f* bonkers 😉 It is a true love-hate relationship I have with them. Peter Lynn and friends, what can I say, thank you!
    • LEIs are the ideal solution for water, both hands down. Unless you blow a bladder, you can always get going again. Thank you too Bruno Legaignoux.
    • But for precision and refinement, you can fly Flysurfer Sonics with your pinkies. I am sure that most of the modern high aspect bridled foils are like this. Spendid Armin Harich!

It's all good? Well, not quite. There are some pretty bad copies out there 😞! I won't name names hehehe, just the great creators 😉 

Paul.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...