Rosebud Kite Festival 2016

.Joel

wide-shot-kite-festival-2.jpg.fd601c4857

Rosebud Kite Festival 2016
Extreme Kites will be attending the Rosebud Kite Festival for 2016 with a display of Power and Traction Kites.  There's a lot to enjoy at the Rosebud Festival including a plethora of entertainment for the kids that includes a Kite Workshop hosted by the amazing people at Kites 4 Kids where you can enjoy building your own kites on the day.  Guest flyers such as Craig Hansen from Peter Lynn Kites filling the sky full of colour with some HUGE display kites.

If you're coming along hit that "Going" button on the Calendar Event here: http://www.extremekites.com.au/calendar/event/22-rosebud-kite-festival-2016/

We'll share more information as it comes through, subscribe to this topic by hitting "Follow This" on the top right!

3 hours ago, Mik333 said:

In the name of Extreme Kites, I will cut a path through the crowd with Century twos.

Expect to have all 4 of your kite lines shortened by some small kid flying a $5 kite.

Kiddy kite line (nylon/dacron, fishing line!!) has a much higher melting point than spectra.

I look forward to seeing you try. :popcorm1:

"Hey Alexander, Daddy's got some new kevlar line for you to use on your piggy kite." :grin:

17 hours ago, Mik333 said:

In the name of Extreme Kites, I will cut a path through the crowd with Century twos

13 hours ago, nigel said:

Expect to have all 4 of your kite lines shortened by some small kid flying a $5 kite.

Kiddy kite line (nylon/dacron, fishing line!!) has a much higher melting point than spectra

Pay no attention to Nigel - he's letting facts get in the way of an awesome story.  Anywhoo - keep the Century two LOW and avoid all the other kite lines.  Anyone remember the opening scene from Ghost Ship ?? :grin:  Warning, the following video is NOT suitable for children or the sensitive...

I guess Joel's static buggy display will suit Nigel with his tyre fork clearance issues... Lol.

I was actually only joking regarding charging through crowds....

In the 90's, I did have my top lines cut on a beach while buggying with a 6m Quadrifoil because I didn't see a kid's kite on a long line. It was interesting how quickly the lines melted. It looked as if the the lines had run into a knife blade.

Back in those days, we would braid the lines back together.

I hope to be there for the fun..an excuse to fly single line kites.

Michael

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you to those whom have contacted me and volunteered their time over the coming weekend.  A free T-Shirt and Lanyard will be given to those voulenteers and dinner afterwards provided.  Free accommodation for those travelling from far away to help has also been organised for Saturday and Sunday nights.

rosebud_t-shirts.thumb.jpg.7ba8378bc84e0

On 16 December 2015 at 1:49 PM, jhn.holgate said:

Anyone remember the opening scene from Ghost Ship ?? 

That was a good film.

We should? be there both days - Shall bring the Delta, Rev II, Jazz, and R-Sky.