Pansh A15 Prototype

.Joel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Fernando said:

Ooohhh... Andy you lucky gun. Hopefully you'll get a proper review finally for us, unlike Joel "who's too busy" with life. :dirol: :dance:;)

Yeah, I may have to make trip back to my old stomping ground at Evans head for a weekend and give it a run in the buggy. I could try it on the water here, but I'm pretty useless on a Kiteboard, so it wouldn't be a brilliant test.

The 15m Aurora is very good. The 19m and 22m are ok too, but don't expect to use them in sub 10knots, other than down-winders (from someone that has a 22m over the internet I've spoken with - he struggled to get going in less than 8knots on the 22m, but he weighs 100kg and is an intermediate - so take that with a grain of sand). Their wings have a lot of lull and are not as stable or easy to control as the 12m and 15m.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't waste your money on it. It's slow and very unresponsive, from the videos I've seen anyway.

Pansh should have made more cells and made it more streamlined to cut through the wind more. And it has a high aspect ratio (correct me if I am wrong anyone)?

It's not much different or better than the Aurora, and the Aurora is a good kite. I have the 12m (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRelJZ1gQ84) and it flies very well, once you have sorted the mixer correctly (well not a mixer, but the pulleys). I found the best setting is to have a 4-line bar with equal length lines and adding 10cm pig tail extensions to the outside steering lines.

If anyone could lend me (I'll cover postage) an A15 to test, I'll be more than happy to do a proper video showing everything there is know about the kite.

I am also thinking the Pansh race kites could be a better option, for kite surfing purposes?

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

Don't waste your money on it. It's slow and very unresponsive, from the videos I've seen anyway.

did you just tell people not to waste their money based on a "video"
where is this video you're basing your advice on?

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

If anyone could lend me (I'll cover postage) an A15 to test, I'll be more than happy to do a proper video showing everything there is know about the kite.

they would be wasting their time and money on you

On 12/22/2015 at 4:07 PM, toolbox said:

did you just tell people not to waste their money based on a "video"
where is this video you're basing your advice on?

they would be wasting their time and money on you

edit: Admin.

LOL

Hey pal, I've flown lots and lots of kites and I know what I am talking about when it comes to the Pansh Aurora. I have a 12m thanks to Andy, but I also tried the 15m and 19m in Melbourne from guys around Altona (foilers there). Yeah some of you know who I am talking about. Besides, I offered to cover postage.

edit:  Admin

20 hours ago, agriarte said:

I think Joel got one. Maybe he let you test ;-)

He knows. Trust me.

Edited by jhn.holgate
Admin.

22 hours ago, agriarte said:

I think Joel got one. Maybe he let you test ;-)

I send equipment on behalf of Extreme Kites to individuals whom have a history of contribution to the community.  That applies across the board to the whole community, I consider if the individual has a history of submitting reviews on Extreme Kites, the feedback to those reviews and if the opinions of the reviewer are respected within the community.  @andy666 currently has the A15, and whilst I may not agree with all his views I certainly respect them and the process he applies to forming those opinions.  When he publishes his opinions on Extreme Kites I can be confident that it is based on real hands-on experience with the kite, regardless whether it's positive or negative it's factual representation through first hand experience.

We have a new Reviews section, it's never too late to get started http://www.extremekites.com.au/reviews/ :good: 

6 hours ago, Fernando said:

Hey pal, I've flown lots and lots of kites and I know what I am talking about when it comes to the Pansh Aurora.

that is nice lofty but this is not about a pansh aurora it is about a kite you have never flown before

1 hour ago, .Joel said:

We have a new Reviews section, it's never too late to get started http://www.extremekites.com.au/reviews/ :good: 

maybe he can write a review based on the videos he has watched

Edited by jhn.holgate
Admin

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have had @.Joel's A-15 for a couple of weeks now, but unfortunately between x-mas craziness and 20+ knot days I haven't had a chance to fly it. Also, the Core bar that Joel sent up will need a different safety fitted, so I wasn't keen to test a new kite with no safety.

i have had a look at the kite though and rigged the bar up (minus safety), and there are a few things I like and I couple I'm not keen on.

What I do like:

the kite is made from the same material as the aurora. A very slippery and very water repellant material (at least when new), which sheds sand and water easily when packing up on wet sand.The material is also very light. The kite and bridle weighs less then 3.1kg. By comparison a flysurfer 15m speed 3 weighs 3.2kg and a 15m speed 4 weighs 2.7kg (flysurfer official specs).

The bridles are longer on the A-15, compared to the aurora, which should allow for either the factory 5th line safety or a front line safety to be used. (The shorter bridles on the aurora didn't allow the kite to flag out fully and it retained some pull when using a front line safety)

i also like they pansh have included a centre deflate valve on the trailing edge (although the deflate zipper on the top skin still remains). This allows the kite to be easily folded in half and rolled up from the wing tip, pushing the air out as you go, and being secured with Velcro it won't rust or jam with sand. 

The rest of the build is all pretty good (but then all kites look well made now days) with quality plastic pulleys and little connection lines attaching the bridles to the kite, which are designed to break in a crash rather then tearing the tabs out of the canopy.

What I don't like:

i don't like the blow out safety valves on the trailing edge. They are held closed with a magnetic strip and are designed to burst open in a nose down crash to stop the canopy exploding. However I have never had a problem with the canopy exploding on my speed 3, that doesn't have these valves and I feel it adds unnecessary weight. It leaves an opening at either end of the magnetic strips (x4), which could potentially cause some under pressure issues in extremely light wind conditions such as snow kiting. The large deflate zipper is also an unnecessary inclusion, now that the trailing edge deflate has been added.

Also, there is no mixer adjustment on the bridles to compensate for bridle stretch over time. But then I am a flysurfer fan, so that is really only a personal gripe. 

So that's it for now, I'm going to return the kite to Joel this week for the Kingston meet, but hopefully I will get a chance to fly it at some time in the future.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg