Arrhythmia @ Speed Week 2015

.Joel

@igeighty bought me a Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS watch for the weekend events. I forgot to wear it Sunday, but here are my results for the run I did on Monday down to the point and back. Actually clocked 41.8km/h - must have been when I had to hold on with both hands! Great runs on both Sunday and Monday. A bit too bumpy at Shallow Inlet for a Tuesday sail but had fun watching a fella try to kite surf with a kite constantly in the water! @nigel - Did you offer him $200? 

Monday 2nd November Run.jpg

We got out on Tuesday morning at the spit, and there was a lot of wind from the east. i put up the 2 meter brooza, a bit underpowered. then put up the kite you see above. The bridle adjustment is great thanks john, and spot on in length. the 2.6m viper is a beaut little kite.

the spit was pretty windy though, duke and rob ripped around for a lot longer than i did :)

Great couple of days away. and Beaut to meet you guys for the first times.

i put up the 2 meter brooza, a bit underpowered. 

Thanks Joel for organising another great event, there were no record breaking winds this time, Sunday and Monday were very enjoyable, just nice easy flying on the main beach, beautiful weather and great company.

Tuesday was a bit different, when i saw you put down the broozer from lack of power i stopped setting up my 4m air rush and pumped up my 7m Ikon C kite, big mistake. I was then quite overpowered and without the room to run off the speed and the stingray holes it was getting a bit dangerous:eek:

Thanks to @.Joel and @Melissa for organising everything and the great BBQ.

PS: I think your on a winner with the stuffed hamburgers..:Thumbs-up-smaller:

Thanks to Matt, Mark and John for the video memories, but as Joel pointed out, I only turn up for the food. Thanks to Joel and Mel for the great spread and hospitality.

I missed the enthusiasm of Norm and Zac who always turned up.

John and I went for a bike ride and were close to being flattened by a falling tree which blocked the bike/walking path.

Luckily John is a tree pruner and we broke off several branches in order to lift a baby pram though the gap for a walking mother.

I will be there next year.

Michael

Hope you are all settleing in over there Norm and enjoying your new job

Thanks for asking Kathleen. Things are changing each day, a mountain of paper work to sort out, but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting there. Customs want forms for house hold goods and cars, government want their forms, banks want there forms, the list goes on. Found a place we want to buy, will have a closer look and peek this weekend. At work is great, a very enthusiastic bunch of engineers, must say it's like working for google, innovation is very much encouraged and they want you to have fun at work. If anyone is interested, here is their web site:

http://www.martinjetpack.com/

Had the Guy Fawkes night last night, lots of crackers going off.

Nice to see the Sandy Point videos, brings back fond memories the place and the people.

Regards,

Norman.

Thanks for asking Kathleen. Things are changing each day, a mountain of paper work to sort out, but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting there. Customs want forms for house hold goods and cars, government want their forms, banks want there forms, the list goes on. Found a place we want to buy, will have a closer look and peek this weekend. At work is great, a very enthusiastic bunch of engineers, must say it's like working for google, innovation is very much encouraged and they want you to have fun at work. If anyone is interested, here is their web site:

http://www.martinjetpack.com/

Had the Guy Fawkes night last night, lots of crackers going off.

Nice to see the Sandy Point videos, brings back fond memories the place and the people.

Regards,

Norman.

Are you saying you work for a company that makes jet packs?  Now that sounds like a cool place to work!

@jhn.holgate, there hasn't been a video siting of the blomax lately.  Has it seen any action lately?

Looking at the last video taken from Kingston, I decided that there was too much stress being put on the side rail welds where they meet the downtube.  So for the moment I've shelved the Blomax until I can either come up with a good bracing solution or a purpose made bug to suit the mast/sail setup.