Extreme Kites Pre-Labour 2015 Meet

.Joel

Sandy Point Pre-Labour 2015 Meet

Majority has voted, dates and information below.

Anyone requiring accommodation, I need to know by Sunday 15th Feb if you're coming and staying.

Where is it happening?

We meet at Sandy Point, a small town based on the coast of Waratah bay. It is approximately 2.5 hours drive from Melbourne.

Dates / Tides / Agenda

Friday 27th : 1:01pm Low Tide : Check In

Saturday 28th : 1:45pm Low Tide

Sunday 1st : 2:33pm Low Tide

Monday 2nd : 3:29pm Low Tide : Check Out

Accommodation

You can book yourself some accommodation through Extreme Kites or organise your own.

$139 Singles (Single Bed)

$239 Couples (Double / Queen Bed)

This includes 3 Nights / 4 Days accommodations, and BBQ dinner. Accommodation is limited and we operate on a first paid first served basis. If you are booking early and would have preference to those who you share a house with please let us know via email in advance and we will do our best to make those arrangements.

Camping

You can book in at the Sandy Point Holiday Park, alternative locations that involve a drive each day are the Shallow Inlet Caravan Park and Waratah Bay Caravan Park.

No Squatters

Houses are allocated numbers, with bathrooms, kitchens and fridges to serve those numbers. Camp Sites are allocated numbers, with space to serve those numbers. If neither accommodation option is appealing to you unfortunately you can't be accommodated for.

Optional Registration

If you are not staying with us and have organised your own accommodation there is an registration fee of $15 if you wish to attend the BBQ. This also includes entry in to Prizes & Giveaways.

How to Book

Please email to Joel@WindCube.Com.Au and a form will be sent to you in return.

Have Questions?

If you have any questions you are welcome to ask here in the topic or send an email to Joel@ExtremeKites.Com.Au

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

Updated Information Above.

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at the tides for Labour Day 2015, and they're not flash!

Alternatively, push it forward to run over Easter instead perhaps for an extended stay?

It'll collide with Yeppoon and the Adelaide International Kite Festival, however for those that don't travel interstate for those events anyway it's a non-issue.

post-6267-14336635437005_thumb.png

post-6267-14336635438108_thumb.png

Share / Discuss thoughts...

Also lookout towards the end of the month, i'll get a summery out regarding the meeting from Sandy Point regarding the new club once I get some time to finalise a few more items/updates for that email out.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are options with low tides around midday to consider:

1) Fri 13th Feb (12.43pm), Sat 14th Feb (1.17pm) & Sun 15th Feb (1.59pm)

2) Fri 27th Feb (1.01pm), Sat 28th Feb ( 1.45pm) & Sun 1st Mar (2.33pm)

3) Fri 13th Mar (11.41am), Sat 14th Mar (12.13pm) & Sun 15th Mar (12.47pm)

Chances are I don't think my clan will be able to travel, with one bub about to pop out at the end of March I may be limited to just a day trip. :dontknow:

There is also the Rosebud kite fest to go to if people don't head to Sandy Point.

A free fly day on the Saturday, and the main fester on the Sunday (enclosed area for professional kiters).

Big inflato single stringers are the main show, no room for buggies, and thousands of single stringer kids kites if you want to risk flying out in the public area. :eek:

Lots of stalls (eg, CFA, Scouts, and food stands), stage for local bands and singers, and wandering entertainers for the kids.

A good family day if you have another half (or more) who isn't in to kites.

Last years web site: http://rosebudkitefestival.com.au/

Dates for 2015's event: http://www.rosebud.org.au/events/

• 2 months later...

"foot powder"....... John, he needs some cement to harden up a bit , if Mel won't give any sympathy then we probably shouldnt either. :agree::friends: only joking Joel The colour of the grapes and your leg did match, enjoy your trip to sandy, I'm off to Kingston again this weekend, maybe more beach weather than buggy weather but prob do both.

Cheers Bull :drinks:

Had X-Rays today, the ankle is not fractured from what's seen I just need to keep off it and let it rest for a couple of weeks. Fibula was broken at the top, it's healing. Asked when I had previously broken the Fibula, explained I hadn't it's the other leg I had broken. Dr then explained that I had clearly broken my Fibula in the past on another occasion :o Anyway, I can still walk so we're good for Sandy Point! :D

Had X-Rays today, the ankle is not fractured from what's seen I just need to keep off it and let it rest for a couple of weeks. ! :D

I reccomend you just sit down and put your feet up, and given you can do that in a buggy :D looks like doctors orders will be followed to the letter.

Looking forward to seeing folks down there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching the forecast intently, I can't believe Sunday is the pick of the days so far, I can swindle the other days but not that one...... Grrrrrrr

Fridays picked up a fraction, 8-9 knots of very consistent wind would be sweet, get the toxics out 9 knots might be a handful with the 8m, cruisey with the 6.5 though 1 o clock low tide .... And isn't a low one .... Should be on the beach at say 10 am and ride until 5 pm, it's been so long since I had a run .... Here's hoping.

Is the sandy point cafe up and running yet?