Extreme Kites Kingston 2015 Meet

BobM

Hey Joel. How is the phantom working out? I know it wasn't flying right when I was at sandy point last time.

I really don't know how well it performs yet, I haven't had the 30+ knot opportunity with it for as long as I need to form a proper opinion. Hopefully this week something comes through that's usable or close. I've made some adjustments, reducing the amount of depower but giving it a more solid stable feel using the straps inside the Arc. The range in the kite is huge, so happy to sacrifice some depower for stability.

Nigel has also lent me his 7m and 10m Peter Lynn Scorpions to have a play with as the 9m Phantom2 is quite possibly the next kite on the list.

Hopefully by the end of this trip I'll know if it's "THE" kite or not for high winds.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi a bunch of us land yacht and blokart guys n gals heading to kingston from Wednesday onwards, its pretty gloomy here in adelaide atm is there any rain on the horizon ?

Will be staying in at the c van park but going mostly out to the clay pans, i looks ok from the pics you have posted so far..

Yesterday we were ripping up and down on a glorious claypan (except for me and rob getting a bit stuck in the mud). NE wind today and it's blown all the water over to where we park the cars and it's water as far as we can see. It actually looks like a lake. Hopefully, a southerly tomorrow will blow the water back and it will be usable again in 48 - 72 hours (complete guess). Will post again if conditions change.

Safely back in Canberra but wishing I was out on the clay pan or the beach! Wanted to just say a big thank you to everybody for their friendship and welcoming me into the EK fraternity. I had a great time on my first EK event, went further and faster in my buggy than ever and met a really great bunch of guys. I will definitely be coming again!!! I hope the rest of your time in Kingston is a huge success and the clay pan dries out! :good:

So how are the hide tides holding out? i see from the tide charts Saturday has the highest high tides, hopefully for the campers on the beach they don't get flooded out. Winds for today are not predicted for sustained onshore, just the gradual buildup of a sea breeze, so looking good so far. So what say yea for those that are there?

Regards,

Norman

No campers on the beach this year that I'm aware of - it's pretty messy/seaweed/lumpy/chopped up above the current high tide mark. Low tide is magic though. Claypan's been doing a roaring trade in wind driven vehicles over the last couple of days. Fishing comp this weekend so we will steer clear of beach. I'll give the blowmax a run today and tomorrow and home on Monday. Tons of pics but I can't post them via the phone. We've buggyied every day so far :)