Peter Lynn F-Arc 12 or 16 New $120

outlaw

Peter Lynn F-Arc 1200 or 1600, New Unused, Old stock.

Kite only, no bar or lines.

An old kite but it still has its uses, Extremely good for speed, upwind, and hang time, upwind angles are amazing.

A 9.5m F-Arc did 129kph in a buggy in 2012 making it the fastest depower kite.

$120 including shipping to anywhere in Aus, or $220 for 2 kites.

post-9315-14336634909702_thumb.jpg

Kym bought a 1200 and I bought a pair of these in November last year. ( Same price) :)

I'm not a depower guy so I have only seen Kim fly his and they do go like stink. :eek::eek:

Gav even sent a wing tip mod email when we ordered them, that tricks them up even more.

Great quality and worth it for the materials alone.

They had a lot in stock back then.

Chook

There was 4 prototype 9.5s made, only one flew, this is it. its a great kite, the highest jumps ive seen on water were on this kite, I took it to nevada in 2012 and Brian Holgate did 129kph with it in the speedbuggy, unfortunately it still had the flares attached which were flapping and slowing it down, I did 104kph with a 12m F-Arc the same day in light wind. A cut down 12m should be similar, the lower skin will need some pleats to compensate for the reduced arc radius, theres plenty here if you want to cut one down.

post-9315-14336634915869_thumb.jpg

Well they arrived today and I'm f-arcing happy :D

Unfolded them in the garage and f-arc me, I could believe the size of them. And f-arcing high aspect :eek:

F-arc I can't wait to try them out, but of course the weather is all f-arced up during winter, so I'll have to f-arcing wait a few months.

441C58CA-904A-4145-97EB-39F30454DFF3.jpg

Oh, anyone know what the adjustable line running from the wing tip to the trailing edge is for?

• 1 year later...

As for spars, I use solid wooden spars made from Tasmanian Oak wood, can get these from Bunnings in Australia. I then paint them with resin (ie the same resin to set fibre glass) so they do not swell when wet. Have used this system with my Synergy 8m^2 for years and it has not broken, where as the original hollow PL Aluminium tubes corroded and broke.

3 hours ago, ssayre said:

Tasmanian oak wood may be hard to come by where I'm from.

Nah, it's just hardwood from a few different eucalyptus species - Mountain Ash, Messmate/Stringybark and one other I think.  There's actually no such tree as a Tasmanian Oak - stuffed if I know why they call it that.  You've got plenty of species in the US that would work.  Probably want to look for something that had the grain running straight and evenly down the piece of timber - much like you would if building a bow or arrow.

7 hours ago, ssayre said:

Tasmanian oak wood may be hard to come by where I'm from.  I've heard people using fiberglass markers for snow plows for spars as well.  Chris at hardwaterkiter says he likes the flex they have.  Snow plow markers might be hard to come by where your from though :grin:

Try Spruce, ie the same wood they made the famous Spuce Goose from, this was made in California US.

On 4/14/2016 at 5:31 AM, SoutherlyBuster said:

As for spars, I use solid wooden spars made from Tasmanian Oak wood, can get these from Bunnings in Australia. I then paint them with resin (ie the same resin to set fibre glass) so they do not swell when wet. Have used this system with my Synergy 8m^2 for years and it has not broken, where as the original hollow PL Aluminium tubes corroded and broke.

Done almost the same here.

But gave them a few coats of urathane (Estapol).

• 3 months later...