RETURN OF MAYDAY

jdhot

Hi All,

See the other Stockton beach thread

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18140&p=158041#p158041

Myself and others are very keen to go but as yet have not booked accommodation

like the rest of you, waiting to hear the outcome of access and weather.

Even though I must say in all the years I have been going to Stockton I had only 1 bad day

it seems to generate it's own weather pattern :dontknow:

JD

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok All - just out of curiosity i just looked at the bookings for the Birubi Beach Holiday Park - seems pretty much everything is already booked out except a powered ensuite site and a deluxe two bedroom at a cost of $120 a night...

im not sure who has booked already and would like to get an idea of numbers attending before i look at either sharing or Tenting it :D

Ok All - just out of curiosity i just looked at the bookings for the Birubi Beach Holiday Park - seems pretty much everything is already booked out except a powered ensuite site and a deluxe two bedroom at a cost of $120 a night...

im not sure who has booked already and would like to get an idea of numbers attending before i look at either sharing or Tenting it :D

Their website always shows them being booked out - you should give them a phone call to find out what the situation really is

• 4 weeks later...

Any other meets planned in buggy-safe/permitted locations?

Still yet to get the wheels turning on my buggy that has just sat in my garage since I bought it last November. Huge lack of places to go unfortunately without heading a minimum of 2 hours out of Western Sydney :( Oh for a big enough patch of grass.

I keep looking at the big patch of land near Riverwood - 'Salt Pan Reserve'. Looks to be big and open...?

Anyone up for it?

Cheers - Rob

What about at Warrila Beach near the inlet / near that island (Windang Island) out there at low tide. It's been a long time since I was there but some how have vague memories of wide sandy patches. Like when travelling south, just as you cross the bridge turn left going East and head towards the beach. Would think in the winter time you won't have too much trouble with beach goers. I know it's a long way from Stockton and not as long as 7 Mile beach and not exactly the back door of Western Sydney, but a hell of a lot closer than Stockton.

Ok have peak here:

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr&q=warilla+beach&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x6b13141207e028b7:0x6e8a79b40efebe8f,Warilla+Beach,+New+South+Wales&gl=au&sa=X&ei=ozyQU_jqNsWNkwWU8oHIBw&ved=0CJ0BEPIBMA4

Regards,

Norman.

The beach to the N of there looks big and long too; at the back of Port Kembla golf course. I've no idea if there is any access onto there or not, or if it's all roped off as a sensitive reserve or suchlike.

If anyone can definitely confirm if these places are permitted, it just then needs a show of numbers, and some decent wind!

Cheers - Rob