RETURN OF MAYDAY

jdhot

Well guys after talks with some of the NSW guys we thought about a

MAYDAY meet at STOCKTON

For the weekend Fri 16th - Sun 18th

This used to be a regular event and we'd like to resurrect it

they were great weekends, both for socializing and kiting.

This weekend will be for kiters :crazypilot:

Accommodation can be booked at Birubi Beach Holiday Park

http://www.birubibeachcaravanpark.com.a ... e.asp?id=1

Cabins for $60/80/120 - standard/ensuite/deluxe

Let me know your thought

JD

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bugger!

I changed jobs early this year and have already had time off to go kiting (Kingston).

I'm after more time in July (guest of Basketball Australia in Geelong for a week long championship).

Family commitments for a week in October. And two-week closedown Xmas/New Year.

That accounts for all my leave this year.

I won't make it this year :(, nor for Kitober :mad:.

I'm interested... although I can't open the holiday park website, my antivirus clamps it down with "A threat has been detected" :eek:

Either block of dates would work for me.

All I'd need to find out is does the holiday park allow dogs? If so, me, wife and dog can come. If not, it'd be just me and I'd bring my pop tent.

I'm definitely keen, my new helmet even turned up today :)

Cheers - Rob

hopefully i have a buggy by this time....

Mate I generally show up with more than one big buggy, hopefully this year with a few extra toys.

I would be interested but can't go firm on dates just yet.

Trevor if you can let us know what date suits, we shall try and set a date.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to attend Bob

JD

Beware of the School Holidays for the second weekend. It would be worth checking up when the holidays are for NSW.

Thanks Bob never even thought of it, but both weekends are OK

Autumn break is in April

Winter break 30th Jun - 11 July

Thanks for letting me know your availability Trevor

I have just group email a lot of the local Sydney guys and waiting to hear back from them

Cheers

JD

Definitely interested. Very keen to meet the guys/girls and get expert advice on some new ways to harm myself. At this stage the second weekend looks good but unfortunately our rosters are being re-jigged (working in WA 3 weeks on 1 off) so that may change.

Hi All.

Sorry for been off line, I've been fighting a bad infection in my leg

all on the mend now.

Restriction Information

I have been informed by guys that were up at Stockton recently that we will be restricted to the beach front

as the dunes are off limits and heavy fines can be imposed on offenders.

So if we're all fine with that, the weekend Fri 16th - Sun 18th is the best weekend for most people

and the best low tide of the 2 weekends.

So if there are objection to this, please voice your option promptly.

Otherwise we will set the date for that weekend.

JD

PS;

Length of stay will only be dictated by any work i'm doing :P

Relaxing-in-a-Hammock.png

If they only knew you like I do :friends:

Reminds me of a song..........

SIGN SIGN EVERYWHERE A SIGN! BREAKIN MY BACK N BLOWIN MY MIND, CAN'T YOU READ THE SIGN.........

Tough break, but it's happening everywhere with the greenies. , be nice if they all got a job and left everyone alone.

Don't get run over by 4x4s

Yes, I should still be on for that weekend. Once I find one of these $10 'permits' :dontknow:

Access to Stockton will likely be slowly eroded over the coming years. There are already moves afoot to severely limit camping on the beach down to just a few official spots, and to further restrict access. The 'Unlock Australia' movement has been strongly campaigning against losing access to Stockton. If anyone is interested, please find their Facebook page and add your support.

Cheers - Rob

Seriously I think someone at the National Parks permits office has lost the plot, surely the impact of the kite buggies is less than what the tour operators are doing like this post-3795-14336634422384_thumb.jpg

see http://portstephens4wd.com.au/index.php?page=beach-dune-tour.

This happened to be the first tour operator that came up in google. Not meant as an attack on the tour operator but the one sided issuing of permits.

Perhaps you should bring this to the attension of the permits people and ask as a group whether you can get a permit.

Regards,

Norman.

As long as there is a decent expanse of beach at low tide, I'm still on.

With the predicted tides for that weekend not being the lowest, you would probably get about 60 metres of firm sand. The 4WD's mostly leave deep wheel ruts which are fairly harsh to keep running over in your Buggy if you are running forward and back across the beach. You need a Southerly and then your set ! I normally average 10 days a year at Stockton and am lucky to get 2 days out of 10 with Southerlies.

Yes, I should still be on for that weekend. Once I find one of these $10 'permits' :dontknow:

You can buy these permits at the following outlets:

Birubi Beach Service Station, Anna Bay - location mapexternal link

Tackle Power, Sandgate - location mapexternal link

Birubi Beach Holiday Park, Birubi - location mapexternal link

Out of Town 4WD, Barnsley - location mapexternal link

Mobil, Salt Ash - location mapexternal link

Port Stephens Visitor Centre, Nelson Bay - location mapexternal link

Medowie Tyre and Auto, Medowie - location mapexternal link

Metro Service Station, Lavis Lane, Williamtown - location mapexternal link

With the predicted tides for that weekend not being the lowest, you would probably get about 60 metres of firm sand. The 4WD's mostly leave deep wheel ruts which are fairly harsh to keep running over in your Buggy if you are running forward and back across the beach. You need a Southerly and then your set ! I normally average 10 days a year at Stockton and am lucky to get 2 days out of 10 with Southerlies.

Thanks Buggy Boy - 60 metres sounds ok but not with 4WD ruts - you've got me wondering if its worth traveling all the way from Canberra. Guess we need to wait and see what the wind predictions are nearer the date and hope accommodation is still available if they're good. Is there an alternative location John?