RETURN OF MAYDAY

jdhot

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Up till all these restrictions were imposed, Stockton was the premium kiting spot of NSW if not OZ

Now I'm not so sure, at least "Unlock Australia" said that the rally in Feb was a success and has opened the door to communications

with authorities and politicians.

Is there an alternative location John?

To answer your question Trevor, the only other spot is the 7 Mile Beach / Currarong region.

JD

To answer your question Trevor, the only other spot is the 7 Mile Beach / Currarong region. JD

John. Thanks. I'm a new boy to these meetings but if we are going to travel and stay a couple of nights for a weekends kiting, surely we should try and pick the best location with the best chance of there being decent winds. From the various posts it sounds (very sadly) as though restrictions at Stockton no longer make it the premium place. If I am wrong then those with more experience please put me right and I am happy to come. If not, then how about looking at conditions at 7 Mile/ Currarong? What do people think?

Just an opinion but I still think Stockton is the best place to have a kiting weekend due to the length of beach and width of hard sand at low tide plus accomadation options.

7 mile is great but not quite stockton standards.

As for dune access etc I did hear it is allowed further down the beach near the wreck but not sure for definite.

Is it worth shouting Warren up there JD?

To see if we can get any permites etc?

I would do it myself but I am flat out with work :o

Don't worry about the 4x4 wheel ruts up there they are mainly in the softer stuff, I would just worrk about the drivers!

So folks

What's happening with this, I am super keen to get up there

JD is it worth shouting good old Warren re Stocko or best to keep head down?

Will be great to get back out up there as it is an awesome spot

Come on guys, bring friends and family as it's a lot of fun

Cheers

G (with a job!)

Hi Guys

Looking forward to the Mayday weekend

There'll be quite a few extra guys involved as well

Those concerned about not having tyres big enough for the soft sand

I will be bringing my 3 buggies which all have large tyres on them,

so as long as there's a few hands to help out moving them everyone should have a reasonable time.

Plus there will also be other buggies with large tyres also

:drinks:

JD

emidub - i haven't booked yet and i want to go up - i haven't got a 4wd unfortunately ...

i don't mind sharing if people want to cut costs

No I have not booked yet either and I don't have a 4WD. Thought I'd wait another week to check the weather forecast.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on Stockton Beach during Easter, found a beach pass at the local IGA just passed the entrance to the beach (Anna bay). One quick form A$10.00 and away I went. Had my 6m Fury and 95mbs board out, a ranger guy drove passed and didn't give me a second look.

Had to keep a good look out for the crazies on the beach with 4x4's, the 40km/h limit and 10km/h when passing people on foot didn't get much of a run, I must say. There was a lot of traffic on the beach during Easter and lots of ruts in the soft sand, but a regular weekend should see less traffic (maybe).

At least you got a session in without incident! You have to be there when the weather is cloudy and miserable and not a weekend or public holiday to have your best chance of having it to yourself. That was good the Ranger showed no interest in your activities, maybe he thought you had an amphibious kite board and were on your way to the water :derisive: