eBay & Gumtree Finds

andy666

On 11/22/2018 at 9:11 AM, Chook said:

Ha ha, just logged on at a fluky time mate.

Pure luck as they had been listed for only 7 minutes.:dance: Angela who owned them was stunned too. She was great as there were over 20 phone calls she said.

Cost $67.50 for the bubble wrap and postage from Sydney, but still a good deal for a 4 stack of new 6 footers in their bag.

Untitled.jpg

So what stunt kites did you get?

Mike

11 hours ago, andy666 said:

Here is a good one for someone that has cash they want to burn.

Hobbs/McConaghy h-bomb “carbon” buggy for $3000!!? :eek: 

https://www.seabreeze.com.au/Classifieds/Other-Land-Kiting/~l9pvn/2013-HobbsMcconaghy-Carbon-Kite-Buggy.aspx?_page=1&search=2hPdk649Q8AwsQoDJ7LrBA%3D%3D

LOL. Yeah I saw that and thought..... hmmm does it come with solar panels and motor for when the wind dies? :dance:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:26 PM, Mfwetu said:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/horsley/surfing/foil-kite-ozone-r1-11m/1207806408

If you can't wait for Branson or Musk to get their act together or you might not be able to afford their ride, here's a cheap way to get into orbit . . . . .

Here is one sweet kite at a fantastic price. I wouldn't hesitate if I didn't already have one. So well behaved and huge amount of depower. One of my most used sizes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 10:49 AM, Chook said:

Pretty sure I know who it is, name is John, he had a kiteshop up there years ago and organised some kite festivals in the area, this is pre kitesurfing days back around 1995-1997. 

They are a large 2 line delta I think.

@Steve if John is still around, perhaps you could coax him to come and post here. I haven't seen him since parting ways after World Cup at lakes... last heard he had moved south to Forster tuncurry to continue his locksmithing. I do miss that crazy but loveable old dodger....

the workshop used to be in the underneath the house at Flynns beach in Port Mac but that was under the 'superb flying devices' moniker back then.

I have left many messages with the seller and even phoned her but am still waiting for her to TAKE MY MONEY.......!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • .Joel featured this topic