eBay & Gumtree Finds

andy666

12 minutes ago, Chook said:

That Thor's hammer is a monster :eek: 

the arc kite was originally advertised with stock pictures of an f-arc. It's now advertised as an 840 (because of the bag), but to me looks like a Bomba and with no markings I'm guessing it's a prototype. It was also on eBay and I nearly bought it, but the lines in the picture looked like they had been chewed by rats on one end of the bar so I passed. Also, I now have 4 f-arcs, so maybe that's enough ;) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, SoutherlyBuster said:

Woh ahh, that is big enough for a buggy engine! I assume you have already tried that Chook? Spartan used to do that with his large Revs.

Yeh it fairly pulls your arms out of their sockets. Very controllable though. Dive and loop it and bloody hang on.

It would easilly be the fastest accelerating kite I've flown as a tractor. The 40mtr, 300kg lines help with a huge window.

It is an "3.7m2 Albatross" made by Neil Taylor, "Hold the line kites" in Perth WA. 

I was lucky as my daughter bought it for me for Xmas off "gumtree" a few years ago. She got it for $35.00.

On 8 April 2016 at 0:30 PM, Chook said:

He has pictures of 3 different buggies and 2 different kites (phantom and vapor) neither of which come with the kite killer that is also pictured. Could be bargain of the year or a complete ripoff.

1 hour ago, jhn.holgate said:

I have just popped my ebay cherry and ordered something from the internet giant.  Do you have any advice in general about buying from ebay - what to look for and what to steer clear of?

1) Feedback, see what their feedback is like and how recent.  I'm sometimes sceptical if there looks to be an awsome deal but the individual has no feedback for 2+ years, usually means it's an old account that's been "acquired" by a scammer.

2) Fund Paypal payments from your Credit Card NOT your Bank Account, this way if Paypal refuse to honour their buyer protection you have a second level of recourse via your Credit Card issuer.

I find myself using Amazon more than eBay lately, AliExpress is also getting my attention a bit more than it used to as well.

6 hours ago, jhn.holgate said:

I have just popped my ebay cherry and ordered something from the internet giant.  Do you have any advice in general about buying from ebay - what to look for and what to steer clear of?

As Joel said, check the sellers feed back.

Check where the item is being posted from and postage method used. "Free" postage from overseas can take well over a month, since they use the cheapest method possible. Even postage within Australia can take well over 1 week.

• .Joel featured this topic