eBay & Gumtree Finds

andy666

Good buy, I literally spotted it just over a minute before auction end and there weren't any bids so gave it a poke at $200 and boom $202.50. Someone had set a price they were willing to pay, well done to who bought it :good:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmm, things went a bit weird...

I contacted the guy and asked if he'd be willing to send it to Adelaide and said I would like to pay him through PayPal. He wrote back saying that would be fine, postage to Adelaide would be $33.60 and PayPal fees would be $7.72, so I send him $191.32. He received the money and said he'd send the kite the next day but then later that night I received an email saying:

Sorry mate I am going to ring paypal tomorrow an get them to cancel [the] transaction. This is far too much headache for me right now. I think I will just sell to someone local.

Weird?

So at the moment he has $200 of mine which he says he'll return to me rather than send the kite because it's too much of a headache.

:confused::confused:

I hope it works out.

Sounds like he had second thoughts or had a buddy that wanted it, who knows. Dropping something off at the post office doesn't seem so difficult. If I had actually accepted money for something, I would send the item if I wanted to or not. I'm pretty sure most would do the same. Hopefully you get your money back and good luck finding another one. I had a 13m venom and really liked it. It was my first depower, so I didn't have much to compare to but it seemed very well behaved and munched my inland gusts pretty well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • .Joel featured this topic