Aussie Snowkiting Lessons???

MadNicko

Looking at getting a few new kiters from my outdoor club out onto the snow next year and, while I'm happy enough teaching myself from the level I'm at, not sure I'd be comfortable doing the same for them... Is anyone here, or does anyone know of someone who teaches kite skiing in NSW and would be up for teaching some beginners next year?

Cheers,

Nicko

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nicko,

As much as I'd love to help, I'm pretty selfish with my time when I'm down in the mountains (By the time I do the big drive down from Sydney I'm pretty focussed on getting the goods if the wind and conditions are on for kiting)

I have heard of the odd person who does lessons, Lach ("Kiter "on seabreeze.com) often organises snowkiting weekends on the Ramsheads in August and September.

One thing to consider though - who ever you go with DO NOT LET THEM DO THE LESSON NEAR THE PERISHER CARPARK - NPWS will likely ban kiting in the park

Good luck

P.

No fear on that front! Heard a few rumours about problems with people kiting around Perisher, but I'm not particularly inclined toward kiting in a carpark anyway. The Ramsheads have been calling to me as a destination ever since doing some mountaineering training on North Ramshead and checking out the area.