2009 Ozone Manta 2, 10m SOLD

solokiter

• 1 year later...

It'll have a bit more bottom end then your 8m access, but not a lot. You may be better off going for about a 12m kite. But it depends how light wind you want to buggy in.

Thanks Andy. Just investigating bigger kites after meeting up with the guys at 7 Mile Beach before Christmas in about 6+ knot winds. I was having to work pretty hard with my 8 M Access whilst John was cruising with his Flysurfer - cannot afford one of those :( so just thinking about what might be suitable, not only for occasional trips to the beach but in low but gusty inland winds here in Canberra. I only weigh 70kg (well plus a bit after Christmas :rolleyes: )

My Manta will fly in 6 knots but takes a fair bit of work to get moving and then its only trundling along! :o much better in 9-11 knots. I'm with Andy and think a 12m would probably sit better with the 8m Access (my other kite is a 6m Access and the 10 works well along side that).

But its a great price for a depower.

My Manta will fly in 6 knots but takes a fair bit of work to get moving

Personally I would be at home drinking beer if it was 6 knots. The 10m is a much safer size if the wind picked up. I would be scared in anything over 15kts with a 12m foil, the bar throw is too short. Especially in the snow.

My Manta will fly in 6 knots but takes a fair bit of work to get moving

Personally I would be at home drinking beer if it was 6 knots. The 10m is a much safer size in instances where the wind picks up or there is a squall. I would be scared in anything over 15kts with a 12m foil, the bar throw is too short. Especially in the snow.

• 2 months later...