made in China

sherwinelioreg21

we all know that Chinese are known for being copy-cats and producing phony products..they are selling their products cheap but the quality is just terrible that it would only last quite some time. what can you say about China manufacturing kite surfing equipments? will you buy their cheap equipments over the pricey equipments but are durable enough?

http://www.china-kite.cn/surfing.htm

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/pxcc123

I like the quality control methods used by the name brands.

I like my quick release to work every time.

I like having quality lines/bridle/pulleys.

I like having somewhere local and someONE local to talk to about any warrenty and kite tuning issue.

I like knowing that the premium I pay goes to someone in the country I reside in, even when the kite itself is made over seas.

I like kiting with other kiters who fly the same gear because often or not you end up having a similar direction/desire to take your skills to. For example, now days who uses a kite with extremely heavy bar pressure if they primarily unhook alot?

Dave :drinks:

I like having somewhere local and someONE local to talk to about any warrenty and kite tuning issue.

I like knowing that the premium I pay goes to someone in the country I reside in, even when the kite itself is made over seas.

I like kiting with other kiters who fly the same gear because often or not you end up having a similar direction/desire to take your skills to. For example, now days who uses a kite with extremely heavy bar pressure if they primarily unhook alot?

Dave :drinks:

Well said mate! You obviously deserves some applause from me.. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Pretty light on details/specs. I have to agree with Dave though, give your local resellers your business.

Ironic though, now where did the first kites come from ............. oh it was China wasn't it?

On the second link, you can bargin the prices, they are negotiable. :D

Now what's worse a kite from eBay that may be flogged to death and so ancient the safety mechanisms are not up to today's standards or a new kite with no specs what so ever ...... :eek: . I'll still be buying local.

Regards,

Norman.

Pretty light on details/specs. I have to agree with Dave though, give your local resellers your business.

Ironic though, now where did the first kites come from ............. oh it was China wasn't it?

On the second link, you can bargin the prices, they are negotiable. :D

Now what's worse a kite from eBay that may be flogged to death and so ancient the safety mechanisms are not up to today's standards or a new kite with no specs what so ever ...... :eek: . I'll still be buying local.

Regards,

Norman.

was it in China or in India? hhmm..

yeah right, I'd rather buy a 2nd hand good name kite than take risk with those Chinese kites..more reliable and fly better.

straight up, sorry for the venom.

but what the fuck are you dicks smokeing?!

im here in sri lanka.where they make NORTH kites and have been for a long time.

and in china, guess what!! they make cabrinha!

factorys fuck nuckles get use to it. taiwan makes your pcb boards for your computers its no coincidence the biggest factorys run parrelel....im drubk...drunk.... anyways large scale productions allways going to go to these companys.

I could put you on the phone to more boutique kite manufacturers like.zenith/faith if you want there still heavily involved in researxh and development and doing testing via hour usage etc

regardless keep your today tonight.bullshit to yourselves do some research before spouting dumb shit

I expect so much better from this forum. learn about your national distobuters and figure it out would yas, honestly. china are fucking KILLING IT factory wise why wouldnt you want a china.kite?!?

my personal dreams to fly peter lyns and ride cardboards (honestly fluids r shit so far) but regardless use ya heads. large companys are going to waste all the years and hard work theyve put in by produceing a sub par product. would coca cola release a shithouse coke to save a few bucks? no! think about it

anyways sorry bit boozed but what a fucking retarded thread

go kite some more and make enquireies to the people that are involved. expand your.knowledge and.become enlightend by the whole process. allso for anyone thats bored check out a dvd called "upwind" or rideing upwind or something like that. I personally hated redbull but after watching that, well I guess they paid there fair fucking dues and it made me.eat my words.

you cant buy directly from.the factory were constantly trying.to get one accidently "lost" in the carpark. no one can do it. not worth the workers jobs. ive even.spoken to a couple that flew all way to china.and tried this.

the compnys and factorys simply dont work like this. you simply must go through there distributer. who is set a set rate of lets say no more then 30% and no less then 20% the only exception is when the distributer is located in.the same country and he can wave? the transport/shipping costs and get it a bit cheaper. but trust me it aint by much.

anyways thought this was common knowledge I figured/discoverd it when trying to buy a full quiver on the cheap etc

your best bet is honestly stick to the name brands (which are all a group of little surf punks who went to hawaii and fukd around a bit (it was really a few eccentric frenchmen that came up with the modern kite design)) but instead of buying.brand.new grab em from your brick and mortar.shop at your beach as last years gear just as the new stock.comes in. AVOID the fuck out of there schools used gear tho all ya hear all day is students bombing the beach no way do ya wanna be takeing that home.

or honestly best method. spend a season kiteing somewhere and trust me youll meet plenty sponsored kiters who dont want to pay for excess baggage on way back home. I LITERALLY passed up a deal for a 2012 fluid (aussie) 10m C kite for *drum roll $200 (with bar) so yeah kicking myself I didnt buy it but allready lugging round scuba diving.gear ontop of the kite gear

anyways keep ya today tonight shit to yourselves the best kites ever made will.be allways made in the biggest and best factories and the biggest and best factories will.allways be built in countrys with very relaxed/barbaric workers rights laws etc etc its really really simple when you think about it.

PS I just like saying today tonight shit, I miss home.

by copy/seconds line are you refering to lesser known bramd kites? cause there not copys/seconds. they might come from same factory but there in no way related to the larger brands. and there constantly testing out new materials trying to find there feet. I had a few good looks of some different kites of lesser known.brands and there shipping new material from america and logging hours of usage and generally testing out the materials etc. in end you DO get what you pay for. but ive seen just as many flexifoil bars snap in half as I have the cheaper brands. just use yourheads its pretty simple if for example you see cheap manufactoring methods being used then stay away from that brand allso learn to spot designs it really is kinda intresting once you get into it. anyways hopefully one the shops aill correct me where im wrong I would really like to hear from them mostly about the 120% _ 130% thing as I find that pretty funny its how for example dog biscuits work. or anything really. for kites I allways thought they could get away with a bit more maybe have a bit more competition but it seems theyve divided themselves.up into select groups and say one store does the cabrinhas and slingshots the other store does the norths and flexifoils or whatever anyways im starting to sober up and its 3am and I am pretty sure my tetth are falling out

I opted for the throw myself into the brambles with the cobras. god damn am I hung over glad I was on XK rambleing and not my facebook (12 friends and counting left)

sorry all

well I'm glad that rant finally ended with an apology. Funny how the light of day makes you realise what an arse you were being. Maybe next time take a minute to re-read the posts you are responding to before verbally abusing everyone, then turning around and actually agreeing with them.

Now what's worse a kite from eBay that may be flogged to death and so ancient the safety mechanisms are not up to today's standards or a new kite with no specs what so ever ...... :eek:

I'd rather buy a 2nd hand good name kite than take risk with those Chinese kites..more reliable and fly better.

what the fuck are you dicks smokeing?!

regardless keep your today tonight.bullshit to yourselves do some research before spouting dumb shit

I expect so much better from this forum. learn about your national distobuters and figure it out would yas, honestly. china are fucking KILLING IT factory wise why wouldnt you want a china.kite?!?

anyways sorry bit boozed but what a fucking retarded thread

you cant buy directly from.the factory were constantly trying.to get one accidently "lost" in the carpark. no one can do it. not worth the workers jobs. ive even.spoken to a couple that flew all way to china.and tried this.

the compnys and factorys simply dont work like this. you simply must go through there distributer. who is set a set rate of lets say no more then 30% and no less then 20% the only exception is when the distributer is located in.the same country and he can wave? the transport/shipping costs and get it a bit cheaper. but trust me it aint by much.

your best bet is honestly stick to the name brands but instead of buying.brand.new grab em from your brick and mortar.shop at your beach as last years gear just as the new stock.comes in.

:fool::fool::wall2::wall2:

oh, and i guess it's only fare that I state my opinion on the issue.

If people want to take the risk on cheaper, unknown brands thats fine. You may get a bargain on what turns out to be a decent kite. However you may also waste your money on a useless P.O.S.

Personaly I prefer to wait and save a bit longer and spend my money on a well known and proven brand. That way I know what I am getting.

I also like to support local businesses when I can (not just with kites, but most things I buy). Not only does this help out the local and australian economy, it usually means better service, better turn around/delivery times and if something does go wrong you can go into the shop and abuse someone in person :D

The Japanese copied triumph harley etc but who would not buy a honda today , the 1%ers, theres apple V mac, Who doesn't copy or refine, end of the day no matter if its from a factory or your shed the product will have to stand up to expectation or land in the scrap heap.

We have used pansh for land kiting and been happy on all levels, now on the water we've gone 2nd hand locally with good results.

Yea you get what you pay for and when the morgage comes first, we would like to own a Lambo!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...