canada

Kozzie

hay all,

hopefully getting a working visa and going to go to canada for a year (know im a bit late in the season) but wondering if a :eek: nyones got any advice on best places / resorts for snowkiteing theres a few work in resort schemes where you just pay them about a grand and they get u washing dishes in a resort. which resorts would be best for snowkiteing. I imagine ill need some snowboarding lessons to. cheers for any help. mostly just dont want to get ripped off and end up somewhere I cant even snowkite.

Dave Shepp would be the expert on that.

Some of what he's told me is that there's quite a few frozen lakes and other similar places where you can kite, and there's lots of backcountry, so I presume you'd be avoiding resorts when you're wanting to kite.

As for resorts which are close to good kite spots so you can work on the hill and get off it for a quick fly... I have no idea.

Good luck with it!

thanks everyone :) and icebird ill start researching your sugestions :)

allso any experience with these "snowjob schemes" ? general breakdown seems to be 9 a hour +board and lift passes. would it be a better idea to just get a sharehouse and do labouring for 25/30 a hour? near a resort ? im not to fond of nametags....

• 3 weeks later...

sorry southerly diced that due to not being able to get intime for any resort work. just look up snowjobs should find several companys who organise silly young people hard work at little pay. in the snowfields. im hopeing after my little kitesurfing stint at union and nulabog ill get my snowboarding skills up and some food and board on australia or nz's snowfields