Main Range NSW

I can't believe you guys were literally just over the hill from me on Sat. So wish I had spotted you as I would have joined you. Without doubt, the best kiting I have had. Glad you guys got to take advantage of it too. Great vid and pics

With luck, tonights snow will cover some of the slush the rain has created. Maybe get some more blue sky during the day tomorrow so will see what happens there.

Hey Pat

Eager to get up there again before the conditions go to crap. Had a sedate but fun time up there a couple of weeks ago, Sunday 4th. Saw a couple of kiters towards Mt Koz....was that you guys? Hope to get there again weekend of the 17th. Like your pics and map descriptions in this thread. Might have to check Father Tim and see if he can be enticed to go!!!

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if you guy's go up again I could tag along and check it out.

I have been wanting to go up for a while now but don't know where the spots are exactly and would be good to get some pointers as well as meeting some fellow kiters.

I have my own gear such as snowboard, 6M Ozone access or a 12M Cabrinha switchblade and harness.

Cheers!

Guy.

Yeah I was wondering about some spring kiting too.

I had a great session a coupla weeks ago, and learnt a lot (gonna write it up with details of the spot). The distraction of a season pass limited my kiting time though, but now the resorts are getting iffy I'm looking toward the main range too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Pat

Nice vid mate.....getting a little thin on the ground in places....hope the skis survived the rocks at the end of the vid!!!

I was up there too on the 17th playing around in Cocks Harbour along the Charlottes Pass guide poles. I found the wind a tad gusty, (15-25knots), so I downsized to my 2.5m Peter Lynn 4 line handle foil. Still had some amazing runs clocking 50kph at times, which was a bit hairy with the exposed rocks and scrub around!

Unfortunately that was my last run this year, as the rest of the month is committed, but the conditions are only fair anyway, with lots of rocks and scrub (the NW heat wave earlier in the week wouldn't have helped neither). Probably a bit better heading towards Mt Tate, but even there I could see in the vid the exposed rocks etc. But, for you that probably gives you more of a challenge!!!

Bring on next year!

Yes, that was a rockin' morning, wind was all over the shop tho.

Tim, Darren and Craig are down there right now, I hope they are getting better than the Obs suggest.

I might sneak down to the Carruthers area one last time in a week or so - but that will be that for 2011.

It wasn't a brilliant season snow-wise, but jeez we managed to strike while the iron was hot.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd expect it to be a bit icy on the main range and Tate at the moment, prob with bits of cauliflower ice up high on the ridges. Even if this is the case then it's not all bad - spots like cock's harbour and rolling grounds are lower and will usu soften by late morning.

Remind me when you and Doug are heading down Dropbear?

I'm keeping a close eye on the WX for this weekend, I'll ride the overnight pooch to Thredbo return if I have to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...