Speed Records

dan_doom

I say claim that as athe world record!!! I see not evidence to refute it!!!...

Good work Dan. Though now i have to beat you to prove monster board is faster than monster doom wheels.

Man i'm still shocked thats amaising speed!!!!..... sicko.

Ps Spartan as the primary Aus doomer the gaunlet has been thrown down. ! you need to step up and go faster!!.

Better yet book your ticket for the moose meet in Oct 15, 16 at Muriwai, Auckland NZ. Turn up and we'll have a doom off to see who is the greatest doomer in the southern hemisphere!!!!....

You could name it "Games of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

I say claim that as athe world record!!! I see not evidence to refute it!!!...

Good work Dan. Though now i have to beat you to prove monster board is faster than monster doom wheels.

Man i'm still shocked thats amaising speed!!!!..... sicko.

Ps Spartan as the primary Aus doomer the gaunlet has been thrown down. ! you need to step up and go faster!!.

Better yet book your ticket for the moose meet in Oct 15, 16 at Muriwai, Auckland NZ. Turn up and we'll have a doom off to see who is the greatest doomer in the southern hemisphere!!!!....

You could name it "Games of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

I like going up, flying and sorring high, not getting dragged around at speed.

I'd give it a go though, but just to let you guys know, I'm a lover not a fighter..... :derisive:

Spartan

Fair enough. I'm more of a speeder than a freestyler. Thats why you don't see me taking on Butch in freestyle comps!....

But you should consider coming to the moose. Pack your 2 matrix kites and doom wheels into a bag jump on a plane and fly over. The rest will be organised!! step off the plane at Auckland like a rock star and be ferried to the moose and attend the oldest powerkite meet in the world! its truely epic.

don't know where to claim it, plummet. joel. said he'd add it into the knowledge base on this website.

spartan, as for the jumping vs. speed, i love jumping myself. on the other hand a good speed can give me the adrenalin rush as well! :yes3: btw, you should really make it to the moose meet! i'd love to meet a fellow and more experienced doomer :drinks: and learn new stuff...

Fair enough. I'm more of a speeder than a freestyler. Thats why you don't see me taking on Butch in freestyle comps!....

But you should consider coming to the moose. Pack your 2 matrix kites and doom wheels into a bag jump on a plane and fly over. The rest will be organised!! step off the plane at Auckland like a rock star and be ferried to the moose and attend the oldest powerkite meet in the world! its truely epic.

Done! When is the Moose on fellas? I'll get some time off work.

2011 Muriwai Moose Meet

14th 15th 16th 17th of October

Low tides are- 5:42pm 6:18pm 6:52pm and 7:08pm

The Full Moon will have been on the 12th

The moose is up the end of muriwai beach. The only way there is to drive 50km up the beach and camp in the dunes for the weekend.

no cell phone coverage, not tv, toilet, nothing. just wind, sand dunes, hard sand tents and blokes eating, drinking and kiting.

Usually theres 40-60 people turn. Epic times.

If you are really keen pm me and will exchange emails and sort so real dates and a way to get you up the beach.

• 1 year later...

2011 Muriwai Moose Meet

14th 15th 16th 17th of October

Low tides are- 5:42pm 6:18pm 6:52pm and 7:08pm

The Full Moon will have been on the 12th

The moose is up the end of muriwai beach. The only way there is to drive 50km up the beach and camp in the dunes for the weekend.

no cell phone coverage, not tv, toilet, nothing. just wind, sand dunes, hard sand tents and blokes eating, drinking and kiting.

Usually theres 40-60 people turn. Epic times.

If you are really keen pm me and will exchange emails and sort so real dates and a way to get you up the beach.

He Plummet, is the Muriwai Moose meet still going, if yes what are the dates?

Spartan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 8/13/2017 at 8:46 PM, Bladerunner said:

Bob Childs who coined the name " doom wheels " claims 50mph on Ivanpah dry lake Nevada. I have hit 65kph there with stock Coyotes. It is a perfect surface and traveling at 55kph actually feels safe. Then you look over your shoulder and see a dust devil coming your way!

I've witnessed @Bladerunner hitting these sorts of speeds on stock Coyotes on Ivanpah. Balls like bull. Seeing it made me wish I still owned my 200x50mm Doom setup as we could have bolted his boots to my frames and really seen what a brave sole like him can accomplish. Alas, my former doom setup is in Alaska, holding up the father end of a father-son kiting duo. 

All of these speeds with skates underfoot are truly impressive and my hat goes off to all y'all. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Mez said:

What are doom wheels? 

@Mez - Doom wheels is shorthand for a "wheels of doom" skate setup.  I just typed wheels of doom into the Google search engine and this was the first site in the returned search results:

http://www.doomwheels.com/kiteskating/wod.php

For shorthand you'll see variations on the terms "Coyotes" and "Wheels of Doom" setups.  Coyotes are actually a brand name from Rollerblade.  A number of years ago they had a short-lived line of off-road skates with this name.  They had three pneumatic tires underfoot roughly 125x25mm in size.  The skater stands on top of the wheels in a Coyote setup.

Doom setups involve the skater's feet being between two wheels like you can see in the link I provided.  Again, "Wheels of Doom" is a brand name.  Lots of variations in setups by different folks with Doom setups but all build on the same concept of being between two wheels as compared to on top of several wheels (usually, but not always, three).

If you read through the Kite Skates posts you'll see all sorts of interesting and creative skate solutions.  Some pretty creative people have done some pretty interesting work!

'