SandMonster

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Evening all,

I've finally got my permit for Ainsdale, so looking forward to getting out. What wind directions work for land boarding at Ainsdale?

Cheers

JP

North Westerly is perfect, but winds from North to West work ok. Low tide obviously gives you the most beach. Avoid anything with an S in the direction as it will be off shore and horribly gusty as the dunes mess up the currents badly.

North Westerly is perfect, but winds from North to West work ok. Low tide obviously gives you the most beach. Avoid anything with an S in the direction as it will be off shore and horribly gusty as the dunes mess up the currents badly.

no not true a sw is a really sweet direction only S or anythin with a eastly is off shore at the dale.

• 2 weeks later...

Perfecto day people. Mid twenties WSW all day long :)

Goons seem to last forever and no need for hats and gloves just yet. Big waves got me in the end, gave me a good spin rinse, pulled the board off my feet including the screw holding a pad down - ended the day for me.

@Mark - Hope your water session went well dude :)

Might be a treat of a windy weekender on the way.

EDIT: Just noticed XC and COBS are way apart - XC predicting a 'don't miss it' day and COBS 'stay at home you ain't missing nowt'.

Edited by Bobby

Took the Flydoor down and took a dip on Sunday but majorly struggled in that light wind cept for maybe a half hour or so when it picked up brilliantly. Don't fly much in bang on Northerlies and it can be a pain getting out crashing through big waves and falling into deep troughs with a massive door on your feet but coming back in more than makes up for it :). Felt like a 'proper' surfer, kite parked at 10 o'clock, riding on top of a big roller, coming in dead straight with the beach, crash over the top when it breaks and carve back out to sea, very, very cool.

If that WSW high teens breeze stays with us for Wednesday then thats for me. HT at 13:30ish so perfecto for getting down about 10 and riding the tide in. Sunshine, a big 13deg and...it's my birthday so cake and beer for any dude who makes it down :)

• 2 weeks later...

OK ladies, Satdy looks a good'un. Dust off those kites, climb into the rubber and lets get out there.

No need for gloves and booties, double figure temps, sunshine all day and a decent and warm WSW to blow us in.

LT at 10:30 and the best of the wind for the early birds.

Keep off the shandy, get to bed early and I'll see you on the water for 10ish.

:)

OK ladies, Satdy looks a good'un. Dust off those kites, climb into the rubber and lets get out there.

No need for gloves and booties, double figure temps, sunshine all day and a decent and warm WSW to blow us in.

LT at 10:30 and the best of the wind for the early birds.

Keep off the shandy, get to bed early and I'll see you on the water for 10is!

AMEN:cool::cool:

Nice vid as always dude :)

You were pretty awesome on Sat, seeing the movie I wondered were the faceplant outtakes were, but thinking about it, I don't think you made any.

Great day on Satdy, Rimmer was pulling some great stuff on the water. Waves were massive and the weather was perfecto 11m, could'av been a bit more Northherly but that monster goon that developed was big enough even in a cross-on. Had some guys kite fall out the sky, hit mine then collapse in a torn tangled heap. Crap luck but nobody was hurt.

And still not too cold :)

Had a day snowboarding in Chillfactore today, It ain't my first love but for something different I'd recommend it.

Hey all, long time no see and all that.

Just wondering who is down at ainsdale on friday morning/afternoon as my missus is having a spa day at the ramada and I have all day to kill.

would love to see some kites on the beach and chat to some wind junkies.

PCD[/QUOT

yo chris long time mate hows the knees now. am working friday but willbe going brid sunday like.

• 4 weeks later...

Merry Xmas you lucky people, gifts galore tomorrow. Bang onshore mid teens, LT at 10ish so infilling goons all day long, bits and bobs of sun and a big high of 9deg.

Last decent Saturday of 2010 so come on ladies make an effort. Once you've dragged yourself into the rubber wear, pulled on the beanie and the gloves and made that step into the water, I bet you a beer you're gonna love it.

Best of the wind for the early birds.