Ainsdale 2010

SandMonster

Yup good to meet you Stew , wish I'd got there a bit earlier while the wind was giving it large ! Got 30 mph on my 3m buster pretty happy with that , fingers crossed for good conditions next weekend . Will have to rethink parking nearly got stuck on way off beach it was well cut up . Good to see Carl & keith 2 hope you got off ok ?

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes Rob me and Carl got off ok thanks had to wait for a bit while a car was pulled out. I just check its clear put car in second and go staying as far right as possible and don't stop. Pity the wind died but at least the weather forcast was spot on for a change. Should see you there next week.

atb keith

Just the usual suspects there today - keith his lad Steven and Carl TB . Wind was strong enough but poor direction for the buggy bang on from the north taking me downwind toward Crosby but hard going tacking back to the car park again . Parked at discovery centre to avoid getting stuck on the beach but got back to the car put keys in ignition to be met by warning sign on dash ' theft attempt' . No obvious sign of forced entry but will have to rethink where I park next time !? May be up next weekend or may go for a look around hoylake ready for joining next year .

• 3 weeks later...

At last i managed to get to ainsdale today wind wasnt in the best direction so could only do short runs across abit of sand bank. only fell off once but got dragged through some standing water on my back not good. wind was blowing around 14-16 mph until it suddenly picked up and was blowing 25-30mph so landed kite and packed up.

Sorry to have missed you , I'm getting twitchy this morning it's looking alright out there . Shame met office reckoned it'd give yellow warnings for ice and rain this morning else I would have had the car loaded up already to go . Pointless loading up now high tide is 11.30 .id only get 1/2 hour in before tide's in - bugger ! Fingers crossed conditions will be ok next weekend ( dry bank at hoylake no hi tide worries or wind direction problems , shame it's no good for boarder types! )

Gotta work tomorrow ( New Year's Eve) someone's got to ! Carl I may have a buggy for u if your still after one ? Stewzy / wind chaser I may be out New Year's Day but only if the current forecast turns true ! Not sure what's going on with cobs at the moment think it may have changed website . I can't get the screen up I normally use ? Desperate for a buggy session not been out for weeks now . Stewzy how do you find the fixed bridles in comparison to your atom ? Hope to catch up with you all soon .

Right car all packed ready for a trip down New Year's Day morning . Carl TB is up for it when he sobers up a bit , any other takers Keith B , Stewzy , anyone else ? Forecast says - westerly 18-22mph, 28mph max sunny 6-8 deg C low tide 7.05 hi tide 12.40 .get the new year off to a good , bracing start ,blow out the cob webs an all that !