CLOSED -WANTED - PL2 Std Buggy Wheel

OBEwan

Anyone happen to have a spare standard wheel and/or tyre for a PL2 buggy?

I just found a big split in a tyre (sliding on asphalt will do that lol) and need a spare to buy or borrow for the Labour Day weekend

I'm in Melbourne so would prefer to hear from someone local

OBEwan

They are just wheel barrow tyres.

Go to Bunnings ect, if you need one quick.

If you find a brand and tread pattern you like, find the Aus distributor and see if you can get some.

I ordered some of mine from the local tyre store, he deals with the company, and got exactly what I wanted.

PS: Don't use your new rubber on hard surfaces.

Your tyres need to cure for a few months (harden up), they then don't wear as quick.

I'll bring my original wheels to labour day (Vmax/20mm rear, 12mm ? front (or is it 15mm on front?)) - I usually bring them just in case :eek: Your welcome to borrow them if you don't have anything sorted by then.

Thanks John. My plan is to replace the original tyres with vespa tyres ahla Dukie but I don't think I'll get time to do the swap before next weekend. I'll take you up on the offer.

BTW when are you heading there. I'm hoping to go down Friday and camp at Waratah

Shane

If Friday looks real good for a buggy, I might head down early Fri myself. If not, it will be Sat morning. I'll make a decision a little later in the week when the forecast is less likely to change. Will stay a little longer too if weather is promising. Finger's crossed. Hope to have foot/knee up to around 100% by then too, but they're taking their time coming good. I'll have to go easy on 'em this week!!

I found time to dash out and buy a set of 8ply tyres today.

$27.50 each from Power Tyre Co (35 Merri Concourse, Campbellfield, VIC 3061) plus an extra $5 each for tubes.

So I'm all set for the weekend now.

Thanks guys for the offers and advice.

OBEwan

8ply!!! :eek:

I hope you have split rims, or you will be having a hernia if you are going to try and push one on to a plastic rim!!

I have 3 of these dot rated trailer tyres, F'ing hard to mount onto plastic rims without damaging one or the other.

Already lost one rim, with too many chunks out of the bead wall edge.

All packed, so see you lot there!! :D