Well done mate some great shots.

Out of interest every sheet (and fastners) of blue and white colourbond at the CBH terminal is colour coated stainless steel.:o

As a cocky I still have a shareholding in Cooperative Bulk Handling. :D

Edited by Chook

nice pics Spencer.

nice job making the paper gumnuts.

are deltas good for kap?  I don't sew but have access to synthetic roofing underlayment that would be suitable and I would use the tape on the seams to hold the rods. Are deltas hard to make? Just curious because it would be close to free for me to try if it's possible. 

Way to make it work for you Mark!!!

Thanks, have just created a  Facebook page for Skyview Kite Aerial Photography (thanks for the idea of a name John).

https://www.facebook.com/skyviewKAP?ref=bookmarks

at some point I'll put an advert on gumtree and then look at an ABN!

@jhn.holgate how much would it be to make me one of your winders and would it be possible? My plastic one is a bit flimsy!

@jhn.holgate how much would it be to make me one of your winders and would it be possible? My plastic one is a bit flimsy!

The ply and bolts are pretty cheap, but add in the John Deer wheel spinner and it makes for a pretty bulky and heavy item to post.  Pop into your local BCF and grab one of these: Plastic line winder  I have one and it works nearly as well and for $14 it's a steal.

You could also add a few things to beef it up to resemble something along these lines...

StrSplMod.jpg

I like the idea of being able to lock the reel and it would be easy to tie it up to a post or fence.

Now here's were we start getting too much gear - the remote picavet is certainly a bit heavier, then you add the transmitter, then you realize that you can't actually see which way the camera is now pointing so you take a pair of binoculars along, and oh crap, you've gotta charge all the batteries...  Add that to reel, stakes, tails and it all starts to add up.  My kap bag is ridiculously big and heavy.  The gopro on a simple picavet mount is light, portable and pretty simple.  Take a pulley or carabiner and some way of locking the line off and you can simply walk the line down to the camera, change the position and re-launch.  I most often use it because of the simplicity.  Only occasionally do I go to the trouble of the rc mount and lumix camera.

Kap_RC_rig.thumb.jpg.d853399a06c925f1693Kap_RC_rig_update.thumb.jpg.2df1b54001c7Kap_RC_rig_update_and_FF.thumb.jpg.af74f

Take a pulley or carabiner and some way of locking the line off and you can simply walk the line down to the camera, change the position and re-launch.  I most often use it because of the simplicity. 

yeah, that's what I have been doing, it's probably best to keep it simple and keep saving towards a 6m R1!

image.thumb.jpg.0d2894ab4384309a3de810ecimage.thumb.jpg.b224690c068d8ac64bd3ea8eimage.thumb.jpg.ae2d13b5e6a7b7d41c5600d5

$45.75 + $12.90 standard postage. You can find them on EBay. Search for: Strip Grazing WIND UP REEL Electric Fence.

Cheers.

Gulp! That's a lot for a winder. 

Im heading to Cottesloe Beach today for lunch with my wife and girls, I'm going to stick the KAP gear in the back of the ute and hopefully will get to use it!