THE pimped board thread!

Dubs

Wow some great pics, that takes me back a bit. For me, what started it all off was the Lion canyon from Scrub. I bought it on ebay for £90 AND THOUGHT OMG is that it:eek: When I looked into the sport Nathan was the only person building carbon boards, but he was building them like you would do glass fibre boards, (now don’t tell anyone) but I had some of the leading scientists in the world working with me to come up with the correct settings. Maybe that’s why they took off so quickly, also at the time I used scrap carbon from work, by the way the carbon was from the BAR F1 car as it was then, and don’t tell anyone but it was the same carbon as the Ferrari’s so those of you who still have a “cambello” (enough said)!!

Moar boards everyone, there are some beautiful decks in this thread.

DSC00335.thumb.jpg.4a590bceaef7430ca57b04be47a7e85c.jpg

This is my latest chop job which I finished on Friday, a short 12 ply deck on P Revs, luvverly. ;) The deck was from my old Kitedeck Reflex, but with much sawing, sanding and drilling it has been repurposed nicely... Colourful griptape kindly supplied by Earth2Air (cheers dude) and the pattern designed and cut by yours truly.

DSC00334.thumb.jpg.b489b845a5943f2af12783ff59233214.jpg

Still haven't decided whether I like the F4s or F3s better, and I'll be getting some vinyl cut for the underside of the board at some point, but it's done for now!

DSC00339.thumb.jpg.3f6a7051e4ae4b66ffac0d51ccb8dd61.jpg

G

Yes it is flexible, but you must bear in mind the difference removing the kicktails makes; even with the centre cut in so much the deck is no more flexy than a standard 12ply Trampa. I can just about bottom it out landing heavy (not that I do all that much weighing 10and a bit stone)! It is definitely a board to suit lightweight riders though, and the short stance makes it lush for rotations but means you need to adjust your stance if you are only used to riding longer decks.