THE pimped board thread!

Dubs

Cyprino - Yeah the graphics are done by me. its a variation on a back tattoo i designed and never got round to getting so i put the design on my deck. and the see through griptape works real well with it. I can do custom design if asked nicely. :D

DubStep - The perspex was found in a skip. lucky really as its expensive stuff. The deck weighs hardly anything. little more than the weight of one truck+2wheels so the whole thing is mega light. As for exact weights i'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

ok.well,quite a few ideas can be taket from this thread.and some pretty cool pictures layng around...getting my first trampa board tomorrow(i hope)15% sort version.13ply.

and really like to do something to loose some weight of it,,,never done it before so need an advise..how deep can i cut the mid section towards the handle beforeit`ll snap under me??how much to trimm the front and back?i`d like to leave it sort of 8 shaped...

and is it just a jigsaw and an angle grinder on finish??or there`s some sort of a trick or special blade??

cheers.

Jigsaw and (lots of!) fine metal blades for all the cutting, then lots of patience and sandpaper to finish!

How much you cut out of the middle is really dictated by your weight and how flexible you want the deck to be. If you want it stiff, just leave it alone! If you like it flexy, take really small parts away at a time, give it a ride around the garden or something and get a feel for the flex. To state the bleedin' obvious - once it's cut you can't put it back together!!

You wont break a Trampa as a result of cutting it too thin in the middle. You will just make it a lot more flexible is all.

If you look at my pikky of my deck you can see how much I have taken off my 14 ply. Well I am now 15st and I want just a little more flex in the board so will have to trim a slither more off of it to get it just how I would like it.

Its easy to do. Just be sure to mask along where you are cutting 1st in order to prevent splintering the deck, then go slowly and steadily when cutting.

A variable speed jigsaw is good as the slower the blade can go when cutting, the less likely the deck is going to remelt back together after the blade has passed along the cut line. I had to go as slow as possible and move about a cm forward and then a cm back to prevent it happening.

Take your time and there is nothing at all to worry about.

From what i've heard of people cutting their Trampas before, they wear out quite fast

Actually, ask eazyrider about the holes he tried to drill in his where his feet go :D He's got a kind of moon shape where the hole is supposed to be, but the holesaw got blunted before he could get all the way through lol

Breif tangent, Weasel where'd you get that perspex from? was it easy to cut? How heavy is the deck? cheers.

any decent plastics co. will sell perspex ..... if your after summit a little stronger and flexi though go for solid polycarb ...... to buy enough for a deck of normal size would be in the region of £50

ebay also have plastics etc on sale

From what i've heard of people cutting their Trampas before, they wear out quite fast

Actually, ask eazyrider about the holes he tried to drill in his where his feet go :D He's got a kind of moon shape where the hole is supposed to be, but the holesaw got blunted before he could get all the way through lol

not any more he managed to get the holes drilled then it snapped. :(