Airbossworld world thread

austin

Hello guys and girls,

Just learnt of ABW's existence when looking at another thread. Hope to come down soon, if you see a sheepish looking stranger come and say hello! Been kiting for a while but getting into landboarding now, so I'm very much a novice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is it looking for the weekend? i still need a lift from birmingham area though, but i would like to have a go in there...

XCW is saying 12 - 30 and wet (although that could well change) - i'll prolly go over there on Sunday til around 3pm (i have work on the evening) so if thats any good to you let me know....

looks like a very very wet day on Sunday... Going to head over to ABW anyway, i need something on my buggy changed so it needs to go over - If you want the trip over on the off chance the rain eases up i'm happy to come collect you madmax, just need an addy or place to pick you up from - PM me a post code or something if you want the trip over and back.

• 1 year later...

Is ABW just for kiters or does someone do teaching or come and try it stuff there too?

Just thinking it might be an option for a stag do if there is someone based there doing that sort of thing, and depending on numbers.

If so how do you get in touch with them, google doesn't seem to find anything.

Cheers

Jim

Is ABW just for kiters or does someone do teaching or come and try it stuff there too?

Just thinking it might be an option for a stag do if there is someone based there doing that sort of thing, and depending on numbers.

If so how do you get in touch with them, google doesn't seem to find anything.

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim, ABW no longer exists. The flying site is now run by MASC (Midland airsports club). We have 52 acres of grass intersected by runway on Hoton airfield. We have a club house with kettle, microwave etc and a toilet. We are open Saturdays and Sundays and there are usually folks up there with kit you can try but we do not have any instructors. although we're a friendly bunch and happy to let folks have a go we're not insured to instruct. Probably not geared up to deal something like a stag do though. All our comunications tend to be through the club's FB page so it may be worth asking on there, others may have a different view to me. Hope this helps.

Ben

ABW Closed last year. Gary runs 1080Sport now, online only and we have started Midlands Airsports Club (MASC) to run the field by committee.

You could try Gary, he's not far away and might run something their with the club's consent. Dunno, as it would be a first.

If people want to drop by MASC for free advice, maybe get a few tips and tricks, that's one thing - but I don't think the club would take on something like a stag do.