Extreme Kites Speed Week 2010

.Joel

Just got back from a fabulous and memorable Speed Week. Top job Mel and Joel. And thanks to all for your company and hospitality. Enjoyed myself thoroughly. Here's a few pics from today - lightish winds but straight on shore. We made the trip across to Waratah Bay. Beautiful weather except for one nasty squall that had Joel, Lee and myself going sideways towards the dunes. Got about 100 video clips to sort through so video in a couple of days!post-5961-1433662926364_thumb.jpgpost-5961-14336629263789_thumb.jpgpost-5961-14336629264039_thumb.jpgpost-5961-14336629264243_thumb.jpgpost-5961-14336629264459_thumb.jpgpost-5961-14336629264603_thumb.jpg

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I did finally make it home, late last night. After marathon drive to drop wolfie in brissy, then repair my brothers broken down car (also in brissy), then grid lock traffic, I arrived safely. Parked the ute. Then :lazy2:

As it's been said, the first couple of days were rather misserable. But then Monday rolled around and WOW. The one day of kiting definatly made the trip worth while.

I got to test out my new buggy and 7m montana, which got me to a PB top speed.

It was also great getting to meet everyone and get out there for a kite with other people.

A huge Thanks goes out to Joel, Mel and everyone else who made it a fantastic event.

Also a huge thanks to Andyfly and his family for taking wolfie and I in for the night on our trip down, and for putting on a great bbq. :friends::drinks:

Andy is like that with strays ,,,,, he has a soft heart :derisive:

Glad to hear you got back home safely .... and on the off chance Wolfie did not express his gratitude ... MAYYYYYTE he is so chuffed you went the extra km's to get him sorted. :hatsoff: 4000 km driving is pretty impressive for a kite buggy ride :clapping:

For all the Speed week attendees

WHERES THE PHOTOS :popcorm1:

WHERES THE VIDEO :popcorm1:

P.S. Nigel, you have made me chuckle to that fact that you have now posted in about 4 or 5 different threads and still not mentioned the future wife :eek:

First a warning... :fear: .....if your going on a road trip with Wolfie and Andy666 take plenty of dencarub and gaffa tape 'cause your sides WILL split and the muscles used for laughing WILL be aching long before you arrive at the destination... :D:D

Thanks for dropping in and picking me up fellas, the trip alone was a great event!.. :drinks::friends::D

Huge thanks to Joel, Mel and all others responsible for getting the event and all of us together.

As others have already said ... AWESOME... :good::clapping::drinks::air_kiss::friends::agree: ..you guys rock!!! as did the weekend...

Congratulations Nigel and Kathleen .... best wishes for the future :yes3:

a very special moment that we all got to enjoy..thanks :friends:

And a big good onya Mr Baldy aka Wolfie... :friends::clapping: ya mad ( but very decent) bugga.... all men and their health owe you... :drinks::agree:

Some pics form the spit

post-3766-14336629265004_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629265195_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629265398_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629266816_thumb.jpg

It was bl@@dy gusty... :eek: ...felt right at home... :good::P:D ... and the 2.5 Zebra made for a good fun day out.... soaking up most of the gusts with very little fuss....

and the beach

post-3766-1433662926551_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629265616_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629265729_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629265844_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629266021_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629266211_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629266408_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629266929_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629266522_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629266631_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629267109_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629267265_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629267384_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629267593_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629268636_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629267821_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629268167_thumb.jpg

post-3766-1433662926831_thumb.jpg

post-3766-14336629268495_thumb.jpg

post-3766-1433662926806_thumb.jpg

Full size of the above and other pics in my album HERE

I got in a few runs up to the inlet, a little airtime, witnessed the skills of Zac.. :eek: who just doesn't stop :D Spartan on the Doom blades :dance3: and some of the best flyers in the country...ending in another enjoyable social gathering and Bar-b-que....was a day to remember that's for sure :dance3::dance4::dance:

@ Marty... I was trying on the Pink-Pansh 'cause I was on the hunt for something to wear at the Melbourne Cup fashion stakes, I came close to winning last year in a flowery thing and was hoping the pink would be my trump card... :P:D ...ya can only try.. :o

Btw... you were missed :cray: ...

@ Kathleen ...no worries at all...a dream like the Zebra should be shared... and as for your comment about commission .....all I can say is ....a woman is always right ... :drinks::D

Great to meet some new faces and reacquaint with old .... :drinks: ...at an event that shouldn't be missed.

Thanks again Joel, Mel and the businesses that sponsored the event to make it all possible..

Andy.

Ps. some great footage guys ..... :drinks: ...thanks for putting it up. ;) ...

Sunday - wind, lots of it. Quite gusty and NW which meant kiting at the inlet. A few of us braver water kiters headed out for an offshore session and had varying levels of success.
Well I had an uninvited excursion down the beach due to a crappy wind shadow, followed by winds of strengths 0kts to 30kts, so near impossible! Thanks Norm for helping me out :D After the long haul back, i packed it in :P Mind you, Monday & Tuesday MORE than made up for Sat/Sun.

It was fantastic to finally put faces to names, I think I got lucky staying in the same house as the Andys (666 and AnyFly) as well as the imfamous Wolfie! Jason (Koma) and Joel worked me up before i met the guys so i was worried about what i was being introduced to, but be assured I was well looked after :) Everyone I met at the event was more than welcoming, I consider myself lucky to be a part of this amazingly community - evidenced by Nigel proposing to Kathleen :clapping: So for my first XK event, i'm massively impressed!

Wolfie - have you kept those tufts of hair? That was a fun way to end the night after a cracker of a day, and worth every dollar raised for cancer :good::drinks:

A big thanks to everyone that loaned me a kite or a buggy, or both! Andy666 was generous enough to let me use his BRAND NEW 7m Montana, which was a treat to fly. I now understand the appeal of the land crabs and am pretty keen to become one myself. Even if I hadn't been converted, i'm pretty sure my girlfriend has (thanks Wolfie!) The next event is suddenly too far away!

A massive thankyou to everyone that organised the event, particularly Joel and Mel, i'm sure there are more people involved i didn't know about so thankyou too! And now I see why everyone was raving about the BBQ... It was by far the best weekend i've had this year :) Also, the ferret was awesome, bring it to the next event.

Oh dear god i see vanilla slices!!! No I'm really sad i couldn't get there :(
Oh, they were freaking incredible. Just to rub it in ;)

Seems to me you'll never leave the place Andy666....

Since your on the shirt.... :good::D

Glad to hear you got home safe and sound mate...

Andy.. :D

I'M FAMOUS!! :cool::D

I knew it was only a matter of time before I got my face on a t-shirt. Next it will coffee mugs, bumper stickers, posters.....

And thanks for the desktop wallpaper john, looks great.

On the monday I got my camera out and realised that the battery was flat, so I didn't get a single picture of the beach.

I'M FAMOUS!! :cool::D

I knew it was only a matter of time before I got my face on a t-shirt. Next it will coffee mugs, bumper stickers, posters.....

And thanks for the desktop wallpaper john, looks great.

On the monday I got my camera out and realised that the battery was flat, so I didn't get a single picture of the beach.

You were already INFAMOUS for a certain incident that happened at Easter at Yeppoon that I vowed never to let you forget, so it's good to see your now SORT OF FAMOUS after Speed Week Andy. :derisive::P

I think you still hold some sort of record for getting out of a top bunk disarming an alarm clock in the bottom of a duffel bag, getting back into the top bunk and under the covers all done in the dark and while dodging the spinning fan blades of death at 5:46am and not getting beaten up by the other 3 blokes in the room.

Better check your event shirts people you never know who is lurking in your closet. :D

P.S. Nigel, you have made me chuckle to that fact that you have now posted in about 4 or 5 different threads and still not mentioned the future wife :eek:

The better half has posted for me! :maninlove:

Must practice being under the thumb. :grin:

Great video John and Jolli :clapping:

Thanks all for making it a great event.

Thats the last time I let Wolfie play by himself especially when he leaves with hair and comes back totally bald,you guys do realise dont you that he has a ugly head ( and its okay i told him that already) may have been some colourful language used when he told me bout the new do.Yes i know it's for a good cause but :diablo::o:cray::wall: Thank god he still has eyebrows or heads would have rolled :mad::eek: