carl_short

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 years later...

Just thought I would take the opportunity to boost the thread and become, (sadly) the sites most active thread.

Went out last week for a recreational static fly and ached for two days afterwards, my masochistic tendencies must be coming to the fore as I have just been out again.....

Need to sort out some insurance and get on the board later this week or next.

I believe some clubs insurance policies now limit you to being covered only when flying on their grounds or at named, designated flying areas.

I have previously used CLSC and SPKA, to save time does anyone know of any other insurance policies that cover flying anywhere, apart from BKSA?

Here's one I haven't researched yet, based in Cov: Peacock Insurance Services

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Just started to look in the achieve and found this...

Forgive the lack of music and videography, no excuses, I have lessons to learn.

Regarding the 15m: Dave and Ryan are the guys to get in touch with, I will boot up my old phone and see if I have their current mobile numbers.

• 1 month later...

The wind direction and forecast was spot on for Mablethorpe today, so we ventured out...

The beech in places was quite soft and in some places quite sticky, which made the first few go's challenging however when we found the compacted areas we started moving.

It took a while for us to get dialled in to buggy riding again, especially the turns, we persevered and started putting some respectable runs in.

Aching now, but it was well worth it.

One of the guys when asked, stated "I don't need sun screen", and later when I told him his legs were red said, "its the sand".

*We were able to fry eggs on his arms on the way home*

All in all a great day at the beech.

Thanks all

(** = may include some exaggeration)

The wind direction and forecast was spot on for Mablethorpe today, so we ventured out...

The beech in places was quite soft and in some places quite sticky, which made the first few go's challenging however when we found the compacted areas we started moving.

It took a while for us to get dialled in to buggy riding again, especially the turns, we persevered and started putting some respectable runs in.

Aching now, but it was well worth it.

One of the guys when asked, stated "I don't need sun screen", and later when I told him his legs were red said, "its the sand".

*We were able to fry eggs on his arms on the way home*

All in all a great day at the beech.

Thanks all

(** = may include some exaggeration)